Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs re-sign Philip Danault (3 years/3.083333AAV)

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Was expecting this pretty much. I like it, Hopefully by the end of this deal Kotka and Poehling have some NHL play and Danault moves into our #3C spot, that's where I would like him to be.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Alot of money wow. Dont mind the guy but didnt think he was gonna get that much money. Ahhh well its the going rate i guess!.. Good on him and good for Habs

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Great deal for Danault.

3 years takes him to UFA. Gives them room to let him go if they win the lottery this year and have Hughes-Kot-Poehling in the future. There’d be no room for Danault except on the 4th. If they don’t get a top C in this draft then they can revisit his deal in 3 years.

Reactions: CapSpace

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
People finding this is a bad deal never watched Danault play I suppose... 3M for a reliable two-way is quite good. Maybe this guy didnt even played his best nhl hockey yet.

Reactions: jd22 and Fixxer

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
People finding this is a bad deal never watched Danault play I suppose... 3M for a reliable two-way is quite good. Maybe this guy didnt even played his best nhl hockey yet.

Honestly, I doubt there's much more in Danault than what he's shown so far but that said, there is also no reason to think he can't continue doing what he has done. He kind of is what he is but that's well worth this contract.

Reactions: JayF

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I wanted under $3.5M and he got it so that's good. Secondary players like him shouldn't be making $3.5M-$4.5M. Pretty much in line with what JP Pageau is making on the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad