Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Sean Monahan signs extension with the Canadiens (1 year, $1.985M)

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Monahan is great, literally his only flaw has been staying healthy. I've said trading him was a mistake from day 1. But then again I'm probably the biggest Monahan mark on here for Flames fans. IMO he should still be in Calgary and be their captain.
4G and 3 A in 8 games and all it took us was to accept a 1st rd pick.
I like it.

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
LFhZoz8.png

They were 100% high out of their goddamn mind when they crafted that shit

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Monahan is a leader and such a great presence on this team, honestly if he stays healthy I'd extend him. Trade Dvorak instead
Keeping healthy for Monahan is such a huge issue................years ago it was for Markov, and then he got healthy and played another 5-6 seasons without missing time.
Monahan can fetch a great return at the deadline, or they can extend him at a reasonable hit........

Dvo for sure, will be going somewhere......and maybe soon once he hits the ice this season.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Playing with Gallagher on top of that. Who knows how many more points he would have if he was playing with talent.

God, 100% Amen!
The second Dvo comes back, i hope he goes on the 1st as RW. Might get his turns at 2C,though i like what Newhook is doing there.

• Love
Reactions: the

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
When you my age, might not see 3 more years
I'm 27 and never seen a good habs team in my entire life boohoo cry me a river , I hope we tank for the next 5 years so maybe I can see one impressive player worth the admission price play in my city in my entire lifetime and maybe my childrens , not getting my hopes up looks like 60 point players for the next half decade again , as usual

Gaud

May 11, 2017
agree he would fit great next to Suzuki and Caufield
Yeah i dont know what MSL does with a vet like him - give him the choice of being on the 1st on the wing or of having #2C along with his choice of wingers? Anyways, the guy is an obvious talent with the right attitude, and seeming leadership. Hope he stays healthy for us.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Yeah i dont know what MSL does with a vet like him - give him the choice of being on the 1st on the wing or of having #2C along with his choice of wingers? Anyways, the guy is an obvious talent with the right attitude, and seeming leadership. Hope he stays healthy for us.
that and also should we keep him or trade him if the right offer comes ? if he can stay healthy this year its gonna be interesting to see what MSL and HuGo do with him

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I'm 27 and never seen a good habs team in my entire life boohoo cry me a river , I hope we tank for the next 5 years so maybe I can see one impressive player worth the admission price play in my city in my entire lifetime and maybe my childrens , not getting my hopes up looks like 60 point players for the next half decade again , as usual

Someone like Michkov?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Monahan has always been solid when healthy. The issue is he hasn’t been healthy that often in the past 4 years. Hopefully he can avoid injury and have a solid year to set himself up for a longer term deal.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Gaud

May 11, 2017
that and also should we keep him or trade him if the right offer comes ? if he can stay healthy this year its gonna be interesting to see what MSL and HuGo do with him

I wonder how much he's had to do with Dach's progression. I think they both make their teammates better on the ice, no matter what they are like chemistry wise. My guess is that if Monahan stays healthy, it eventually becomes him or Gallagher for cap and age reasons. Dream scenario for me is trade Monahan at the deadline to let him go to the series with a contender and hopefully sign him back next year. That almost never happens :D

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I don’t think your wants are incompatible. In a year or two habs will start eye-ing ufa’s again and make a push with those D’s. Heck it won’t be too late in 3-5 either. Keeping some good vets helps development too I find, I don’t think getting a few top 6 better-than-most players eventually is blocked by Monahan sticking around. I know I would not be watching this year if I felt they were still banking on tanking instead of development and eventual ufa guns for hire. And I’m starved for 2x scoring lines if not 3!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wonder how much he's had to do with Dach's progression. I think they both make their teammates better on the ice, no matter what they are like chemistry wise. My guess is that if Monahan stays healthy, it eventually becomes him or Gallagher for cap and age reasons. Dream scenario for me is trade Monahan at the deadline to let him go to the series with a contender and hopefully sign him back next year. That almost never happens :D
Usually they don't sign back though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad