Proposal: Mtl / Det

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
a mantha trade doesn't start with domi,

it starts with a first round pick or suzuki, or KK, and then +++

one of those 3 would need to go the other way
I have a good laugh at this. Since when Mantha is a 80 points scorer? Actually Domi with 70+ points season is closer to 80 points than Mantha.:D

Reactions: Zahra Starker

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Mantha is a huge goalscoring winger that's borderline PPG right now. Problem is he's always injured. There is a difference of talent between him and Domi (yeah I agree, it's not enormous, but size + shot is the difference). But in term of value (what teams are looking for), it's not really close. I'm not even a big fan of Mantha, I find his effort level to be all over the place. Having said that, he's insanely valuable in GMs eyes, and for good reason.
yeah that would be a problem. so can we modify it to just be suzuki and kotkaniemi?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
If Suzuki or KK were “proven” they would both by themselves be worth quite a bit more than Mantha. So yeah, it’s a gamble because they’re unproven but that’s likely the only way you’ll get a potential 1C other than drafting one.

By the way, I have very strong doubts if Montreal would move either one, even in their “unproven” state for Mantha, so that shows how they are valued by their organization.
doubts eh? so when it comes to montreal's good young players, it's always " unproven" but I've noticed with other franchises on here, the value is projected a lot better for young players in trades. interesting

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
dammit done! it's tough. i mean the guy has only played 80 games once and not in 3 years.. will be 26 and has never had more than 48 pts.
BUT,BUT just imagine if he did play more. He could hit 50 pts. Just Imagine 50 friggin pts.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Mantha is 25 yrs old and has never even scored 50 points in the NHL. Why are people so high on him?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Just out of curiosity why would The Habs add to Domi for Mantha? I mean Manthas best season isnt anywhere close to Domis. Also their PPG is nearly identical

Except for size, Domi every bit equal to Mantha.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Mantha is way over rated.

Lol no he's underrated (seemingly mostly by hab fans) playing on a garbage team and missing large chunks of time with injuries. Similar to how Tatar was underrated (by fans) when he was playing on bad Detroit teams and went on to be more productive in a better situation. And Mantha >> Tatar

Reactions: Pappazzz

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Suzuki or KK were “proven” they would both by themselves be worth quite a bit more than Mantha. So yeah, it’s a gamble because they’re unproven but that’s likely the only way you’ll get a potential 1C other than drafting one.

By the way, I have very strong doubts if Montreal would move either one, even in their “unproven” state for Mantha, so that shows how they are valued by their organization.
Thats like saying Jordan Weal+Victor Mete for 4th OA+Moritz Seider. You get 2 proven NHLers for mystery boxes.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad