Proposal: Mtl / Det

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
Mtl - Domi, Juulsen
Det - Mantha

Mantha would be a good big body player that mtl needs. Domi is a good quality gritty player plus including Juulsen would give Detroit some depth on defense.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
a mantha trade doesn't start with domi,

it starts with a first round pick or suzuki, or KK, and then +++

one of those 3 would need to go the other way
I think Montreal would pony up their 1st for Mantha, but what +++'s are you thinking?

I understand the Wings don't want to deal Mantha, so the offer needs make sense for them (I.E good value) but keep in mind player values will be likely to be slightly lower this off-season, compared to previous off-seasons due to the economic situation, flat cap and loom expansion draft.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
It's funny how when you have nothing good in your system, all of sudden your players became the best in the world.

I would understand Red wings fan wanting to keep Mantha.

But stop reacting like value isn't there, the Difference between Domi and Mantha is almost none-existing. I might have been in a coma for the past 3 years somebody can tell me what Mantha achieved worth ALOT more than Domi?

Reactions: Gibby

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
It's funny how when you have nothing good in your system, all of sudden your players became the best in the world.

I would understand Red wings fan wanting to keep Mantha.

But stop reacting like value isn't there, the Difference between Domi and Mantha is almost none-existing. I might have been in a coma for the past 3 years somebody can tell me what Mantha achieved worth ALOT more than Domi?

Mantha is a huge goalscoring winger that's borderline PPG right now. Problem is he's always injured. There is a difference of talent between him and Domi (yeah I agree, it's not enormous, but size + shot is the difference). But in term of value (what teams are looking for), it's not really close. I'm not even a big fan of Mantha, I find his effort level to be all over the place. Having said that, he's insanely valuable in GMs eyes, and for good reason.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Mantha is a huge goalscoring winger that's borderline PPG right now. Problem is he's always injured. There is a difference of talent between him and Domi (yeah I agree, it's not enormous, but size + shot is the difference). But in term of value (what teams are looking for), it's not really close. I'm not even a big fan of Mantha, I find his effort level to be all over the place. Having said that, he's insanely valuable in GMs eyes, and for good reason.

When you say difference in Talent, i hope you are saying Domi has more raw skill, because the only thing Mantha has on Domi is what you said, Size, Shot. Domi is much more engaged, he plays C, better puck skills, better play maker. Not trying to be a homer at all, i'd rather have Mantha with how Montreal is built at Center, but saying Mantha has alot more value than Domi is delusional.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
a mantha trade doesn't start with domi,

it starts with a first round pick or suzuki, or KK, and then +++

one of those 3 would need to go the other way

hahahahahaha. we wouldn't trade kk or Suzuki straight up for Mantha and you think we will add???? dream on.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Mantha is a fan favorite in Detroit. If he is getting traded, then Yzerman will have to receive MASSIVE overpayment or he'll get boo'ed out of Detroit.

I don't see Mantha leaving Detroit anytime soon. He's going to get paid and DET fans are going to be just fine with that.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
When you say difference in Talent, i hope you are saying Domi has more raw skill, because the only thing Mantha has on Domi is what you said, Size, Shot. Domi is much more engaged, he plays C, better puck skills, better play maker. Not trying to be a homer at all, i'd rather have Mantha with how Montreal is built at Center, but saying Mantha has alot more value than Domi is delusional.

Hmmm I guess we just disagree on a few things then. I'd say they are pretty close in puck skills and as playmakers. But I still think Mantha has more value in GMs eyes. I don't want to say "a lot", but I think someone of Mantha's profile (pretty rare) will commend an over payment.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
this is a bruh moment if I ever saw one
If Suzuki or KK were “proven” they would both by themselves be worth quite a bit more than Mantha. So yeah, it’s a gamble because they’re unproven but that’s likely the only way you’ll get a potential 1C other than drafting one.

By the way, I have very strong doubts if Montreal would move either one, even in their “unproven” state for Mantha, so that shows how they are valued by their organization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad