Proposal: Mtl / Det

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Just out of curiosity why would The Habs add to Domi for Mantha? I mean Manthas best season isnt anywhere close to Domis. Also their PPG is nearly identical

Except for size, Domi every bit equal to Mantha.

Why do you assume stats fully equate to talent level? Do you not think, for example, playing last season for Tampa or Detroit would cause drastically different statistical outcomes for pretty much any player?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Why do you assume stats fully equate to talent level? Do you not think, for example, playing last season for Tampa or Detroit would cause drastically different statistical outcomes for pretty much any player?

Sure of course. That argument would work except Domi spent most of his career on a terrible Coyotes team and in his best year, The Habs were terrible.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Domi CF%
2019/20 - 52%, 21st on the team.
2018/19 - 51%, 25th on the team.
Last 3 years combined- 51.5%, 33rd on the team.

Mantha CF%
2019/20 - 53.5% Best on the team
2018/19 - 54.2% Best on the team

Last 3 years combined 53.9% Best on team and we have Hab fans questioning his effort and overall game? Or that Domi is somewhere near Mantha? Mantha gets hard match ups every night because there isn’t much else to worry about on the Wings lately and continues to drive play from the wing.

Mantha Doesn’t need to be a center to drive play and make EVERYONE on the team better:
manthan94

manthan94

Domi has the advantage of playing centre giving him more opportunity to impact the game and he just doesn’t. In fact he looks like a bit of a drag on his teammates:

domixma95

domixma95

If you have a problem with Mantha’s injury history I guess that’s up to you. I would find that just more top line stat reading by people who don’t know anything about the player. I’m not concerned about Mantha’s injuries because they don’t appear to be a nagging injury to a joint or anything major it’s more bad luck type injuries like punching a helmet and getting cheap shot by a dirty Leafs player.

if I’m the GM Domi doesn’t even start a conversation.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Who's the Tampa player involved in this? AH No one.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Domi CF%

Mantha CF%

Last 3 years combined 53.9% Best on team and we have Hab fans questioning his effort and overall game? Or that Domi is somewhere near Mantha? Mantha gets hard match ups every night because there isn’t much else to worry about on the Wings lately and continues to drive play from the wing.

Mantha Doesn’t need to be a center to drive play and make EVERYONE on the team better:
manthan94

manthan94

Domi has the advantage of playing centre giving him more opportunity to impact the game and he just doesn’t. In fact he looks like a bit of a drag on his teammates:

domixma95

domixma95

If you have a problem with Mantha’s injury history I guess that’s up to you. I would find that just more top line stat reading by people who don’t know anything about the player. I’m not concerned about Mantha’s injuries because they don’t appear to be a nagging injury to a joint or anything major it’s more bad luck type injuries like punching a helmet and getting cheap shot by a dirty Leafs player.

Anyone who has watched both players play knows they are not comparable. You’re right, Domi doesn’t start a conversation for Mantha

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Domi CF%

Mantha CF%

manthan94

manthan94

domixma95

domixma95

/thread

It's been pretty apparent for awhile now that fans of all walks of life have been sleeping on Mantha because quite frankly the Red Wings have been awful. For the past two years running he's been our best player, but injuries have kept his counting stats down. Heck, even some Detroit fans undersell his value. It's no small wonder that our team was so bad this year with Mantha (among others) was hurt. As long as he doesn't get into stupid fights he will be a 35/35 player at least. Domi, who isn't even a legit 2C, is not close to that value at this present time. That's the last I have to say on this topic.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
/thread

It's been pretty apparent for awhile now that fans of all walks of life have been sleeping on Mantha because quite frankly the Red Wings have been awful. For the past two years running he's been our best player, but injuries have kept his counting stats down. Heck, even some Detroit fans undersell his value. It's no small wonder that our team was so bad this year with Mantha (among others) was hurt. As long as he doesn't get into stupid fights he will be a 35/35 player at least. Domi, who isn't even a legit 2C, is not close to that value at this present time. That's the last I have to say on this topic.
The only thing i agree with is your last line.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No thanks. Juulsen is basically a bust as far as being anything more than a fringe NHLer at best.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Mtl - Domi, Juulsen
Det - Mantha

Mantha would be a good big body player that mtl needs. Domi is a good quality gritty player plus including Juulsen would give Detroit some depth on defense.
Pure trash for Mantha, For the last time we don't want Domi and we don't want Juulsen either. Detroit can do far better then this crappy offer for Mantha.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
a mantha trade doesn't start with domi,

it starts with a first round pick or suzuki, or KK, and then +++

one of those 3 would need to go the other way

Mantha will not return a potential #1C. But the Habs can include our 16th OA pick in a package to get Mantha if the Wings want to do that. Domi and the 16th OA is good value IMO but I feel Domi is being thrown under the bus too much with his value. He was bounced all over the line-up after his age 23 72 pts with 28 goal season and still managed 51 pts and 20 goals (prorated). 50 pts and 20 goals is really his absolute low point. But people trying to pretend this is his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad