Proposal: MTL-DAL

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Honka is a right handed Derrick Pouliot. Worth a shot? Maybe, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of it.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Always thought Honka would be a good 1, wonder if a move to Montreal would help jump start his career.
I’ve liked him and believe he has good chance with another team; better than Nichushkin. 3 coaches in the previous 3 seasons (Ruff, Hitchcock and Montgomery) he didn’t fit though.

Reminds of Matt Niskanen; didn’t fit with us but was good with PIT and WSH.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I’ve liked him and believe he has good chance with another team; better than Nichushkin. 3 coaches in the previous 3 seasons (Ruff, Hitchcock and Montgomery) he didn’t fit though.

Reminds of Matt Niskanen; didn’t fit with us but was good with PIT and WSH.

Niskanen played well his first two years with the Stars . He just fell off a cliff afterwards when Tippett was fired. Don't think thats a good comparison .

Last edited:
Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Agree.

Just saying I believe Honka could be a decent pick up project for a team needing help on D; the Jets.

A pick/conditional pick is all we want as well; no player/contract swap of course.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
this guy couldn't hold a spot when dallas was losing dmen left and right last year. 3 coaches have decided he is not a nhl player but for some reason on hf boards he could still be a number 1. seems realistic

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
With the reports of the Habs being interested in Honka, what do we all think of this?

To DAL:

Mike Reilly
Charles Hudon

To MTL:

Julius Honka
2020 3rd Round Pick

To DAL: Hudon/Reilly
To MTL: Honka

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Cale Fleury has the remaining rhd spot. No room for Honka - he’s not worth giving up anything of value. He’s waiver fodder

Reactions: vokiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad