Proposal: MTL-DAL

OB5

May 2, 2015
With the reports of the Habs being interested in Honka, what do we all think of this?

To DAL:

Mike Reilly
Charles Hudon

To MTL:

Julius Honka
2020 3rd Round Pick

Reactions: BHD

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
With the reports of the Habs being interested in Honka, what do we all think of this?

To DAL:

Mike Reilly
Charles Hudon

To MTL:

Julius Honka
2020 3rd Round Pick

Hudon for Honka works for me.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What does this do for Dallas?

Why are we giving up a pick just to create logjams at both F and D?

We don't want a player back. As is, our roster is comfortable at 14F/7D and we have a number of players at every position we're comfortable with calling up in case of injury.

If it was a player for player deal, it probably would've already been done. I'd rather lose him for nothing than pick up another useless player.

OB5

May 2, 2015

We don't want a player back. As is, our roster is comfortable at 14F/7D and we have a number of players at every position we're comfortable with calling up in case of injury.

If it was a player for player deal, it probably would've already been done. I'd rather lose him for nothing than pick up another useless player.

New proposal:

To MTL:
Julius Honka

To DAL:

Nothing

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
With Juulsen mired in head injuries I say sure. We then make a trade for Patrick Hornqvist and the fans can Honka if your Horny !!

Reactions: Adam Michaels

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Basically I’m good with Honka for a 4th. Any less and he can sign in Finland/KHL for the season and work on rounding out his game.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He doesn’t have a contract right now so no. Same situation as Poolparty

Ah I missed that detail. Thanks for the clarification.

Then I’d have to agree with you. It’s probably best for both team and player for him to try Finland and see if he can develop. Increased return for Dallas and a better situation for Honka to negotiate an NHL deal.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah the situation is kind of similar to the Puljujarvi probably even worse for the player. The Stars don't actually have any major needs we could fill by trading Honka . His value is so low and the Stars don't need anything but a guy to pair with Heiskanen longterm which Honka isn't returning. Also the Stars AHL and ECHL team are pretty filled and the team is at 48 contract so they don't actually want any actual depth/minor league player back we would have to put somewhere. Either Stars get a pick or Honka has to play in Finland . If he truely wanted to play elsewhere he could've just signed his QO and have the Stars make the decision to waive him . He decided he didn't want to do that now he was to wait and hope a deal comes along the Stars are ok with which might not exist. Pretty sure the Stars tried to trade him for a while now even prior to his public trade request but there just isn't much interest and why would there be ? He just hasn't shown much in the NHL .

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Hudon +3rd for Honka +4th.
Best of both worlds.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hudon +3rd for Honka +4th.
Best of both worlds.

Hudon would have no place on the Stars and takes up capspace unneccessarily. Honka in his current form does not that take caspace. So for the Stars taking back Hudon is a negative. So no. Just a pick and we're good . Stars are too close to the contract limit and the cap to take back random players they have no use for and would just waive .

OB5

May 2, 2015
He a
I think Cale Fleury is poised to steal a spot, and at this point is Honka better?

He has looked real good through 2 pre-season games. Better than his competition that's for sure.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Rumor says player for player swap. Personally I wouldn't give a pick
The Habs don't need another 5-6 D

Rumor also says that Stars don't want a player for player swap but a pick. Habs want a player swap but Stars don't. Stars have 48 contracts signed , are close to the cap and 3 PTO's in camp. Absolutely no point bringing anyone back .

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Is Honka even an upgrade on Folin?

I could see interest if Folin shit the bed in preseason, and if Juulsen injury keep him off the ice - just so they can let time for Fleury to grow in the AHL, but other than that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad