Confirmed Trade: [MTL/DAL] Jordie Benn for Greg Pateryn & 4th in 2017

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
My prayers after several years have finally been answered. I hope Montreal enjoys players who ice the puck constantly.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Pateryn had zero value.

My guess it was Benn for a 4th.... and while you're at it... take Pateryn (he asked for a trade).

This is probably accurate. MTL wanted to clear out a contract/roster spot. Dallas doesn't mind because he is cheap, signed for next year (and thus helps meet exposure requirements if necessary), and isn't much worse then Benn.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Pateryn was in the doghouse for Therrien for the last 3 years. Claude Julien benched him too after 2 games.

Benn was a regular with the Stars.

Good. We got a piece of that's Stars defense that every team is trying to replicate. Why did we give up a 4th? It should've been a wash at the very least.

paragon

May 5, 2010
This will teach Pateryn's wife to stay off of Twitter/Instagram.

What do you mean? She clearly got what she wanted. Pateryn wasn't going to get enough games to get his name on the Cup even if Montreal went all the way. At least Pateryn gets a chance play now.

And btw I can't believe what pansies people are. What she said was literally nothing. You can hear thousand times worse things in hockey game.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Meh,
The pick is the ****** part for me. I like Jordie Benn and Pateryn was damaged goods.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Our GM is an idiot wtf is he doing? IMHO we gave up the better of the 2 and then threw in a pick for good measure. MB is slowly dismantling our team.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Jordie took heat here for a number of reasons but he was probably one of the better PK and possession guys but they need room for younger guys. Getting the habs 7th d-man does not really help solve the logjam for this year but I suspect at least one more Dallas d-man is gone. The 4th for Jordie is ok for the habs -I suspect you will see more of him than you like but gotta love a guy who starts in the equivalent of A ball and makes it. Well liked as well. Jaime is going to be pissed.

That how I've seen this trade. I go to check the stats and I find that Jordie Benn is actually in the top 25 of the league for the block shots and this is thing we'll need. Yhe last thing we want to see is Markov taking shots like he did recently. Its typical to Bergevin, a new Gorges or a new Weaver. I wish at least someone between these twos guys.

That said, I'll miss Pateryn, seriously... the guy has reason to be unhappy. He didnt diserve all theses matchs on the bench. His a good dman. He's not top 4 material, but he's a good 5th IMO. Im kind of surprise that wehave a to give up a pick too

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think it was a solid and efficient low key trade for MTL honestly.

My question is if efficient low key trades are going to cut it? Its all MB knows how to do.

jetsjetsjets

Jan 11, 2016
With Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu, Benn, and Nesterov all left shots, which play on their off side? Do any of them prefer the right side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad