Confirmed Trade: [MTL/DAL] Jordie Benn for Greg Pateryn & 4th in 2017

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Jordie took heat here for a number of reasons but he was probably one of the better PK and possession guys but they need room for younger guys. Getting the habs 7th d-man does not really help solve the logjam for this year but I suspect at least one more Dallas d-man is gone. The 4th for Jordie is ok for the habs -I suspect you will see more of him than you like but gotta love a guy who starts in the equivalent of A ball and makes it. Well liked as well. Jaime is going to be pissed.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Jordie took heat here for a number of reasons but he was probably one of the better PK and possession guys but they need room for younger guys. Getting the habs 7th d-man does not really help solve the logjam for this year but I suspect at least one more Dallas d-man is gone. The 4th for Jordie is ok for the habs -I suspect you will see more of him than you like but gotta love a guy who starts in the equivalent of A ball and makes it. Well liked as well. Jaime is going to be pissed.

Jonny Oduya on his way out most likely...

Jul 6, 2016
Ms. Paterym must be super happy !

But Habs are gonna miss Greg, one of the few who can hit, skate, and play a reliable defensive game in the back end.

Bad trade for sure. and a 4th pick... Come on Marc !

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Lol at the Bergevin bashing. i understand Habs fan being tired of bottom 6 D and F trades by Bergevin but Pateryn's wife just recently insulted the coach on twitter (another french **** she wrote)+ Pateryn asking for trade + Pateryn not being able to stay in the line up more than 2 games in a row meant this guys had no value.

Benn can log 18 min a games, get a decent amount of points.. for a 4th rounf pick and Pateryn that ain't bad

Last edited by a moderator:

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Pateryn > Jordie Benn... what the hell

Unless this makes Jamie come, MB is lost. WE NEED OFFENCE

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
The Habs organization saves money on visors. It's purely about righting the equipment budget.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I don't like this trade, but I don't dislike it either. It was clear Pateryn's time in Montreal was over, thus other teams had the leverage. I wouldn't mind Jordie Benn playing as the 7th defenseman, although IMO Pateryn is slightly better, Bergevin had no leverage here.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I know nothing of Jordie Benn, except that he isn't Jamie. Pateryn is one of those guys that looks much better than he actually is. He's a good enough skater, has a good shot and isn't afraid of mucking it up, but despite all that, he just isn't that good. Maybe Dallas can turn him into something.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Benn is; 29 yrs old, LD, 1.1 for 3 yrs
Pateryn; 26 yrs old, RD, 800K for 2 yrs

I guess makes some sense for Habs, but still a lot for Jordie.

Can we now fix an actual problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad