Confirmed with Link: [MTL/DAL] Habs Acquire Jordie Benn for Pateryn and a 4th

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Wowww, Benn was amazing tonight. He did all the great little things.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had no idea Benn was this reliable. I used to like several aspects of Pateryn's game and was afraid he was being ushered out mostly on account of the twittergate distractions his wife had engaged in at the time. But no, it was a full metal jacket hockey trade and well worth dispatching Pateryn and that 4th rounder.

Benn has already made a solid impression -- if this is the type of stability he's capable of bringing every game, then kudos to Bergevin, what a steal.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
I don't see Beaulieu being protected. Weber, Benn and Petry.
Emelin, Beaulieu, Davidson, Nesterov. Emelin ($) or Beaulieu will go to LV.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Benn is looking like a keeper. Let's hope the rest of the playoffs continue to bear this out.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He's been extremely dependable and physical.

Looking a lot like a bigger version of Weaver when he was a rock for the Habs.

You can't leave him unprotected, Habs will deal a pick to have Vegas take Emelin or Plekanec IMO.

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
Every game you notice a few stellar plays by Benn.
Rarely any mistakes.
Good foot speed for such a big man.

What a great trade!

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Habs think highly of him.

I just had a lovely Sorel-Montreal trip and had midnight breakfast at Miami's. Then, I rode for some time around town and I stopped at a red light, I think it was on Peel. That's when I noticed Jordie Benn's hairy face was the one that was on the Canadiens playoff ad that was on rotation on the street corners.

It might be because his face and beard do attract attention, because he is one mean looking *******, but I was surprised it was HIS face, and not Price's or Pacioretty's or Radulov's or Weber's.

Jordie Benn.

He's quite good, really dependable.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

I'm now in the protect Benn over Beaulieu camp.

BUT, we shouldn't expose Beaulieu. We SHOULD trade him in a PACKAGE for a top six forward, though that would be easier said than done, given that his value is tanking.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Trade Beaulieu if you're not going to protect. Losing him for nothing would be a waste.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
So impressed by this guy. He's so strong with the puck and wins pretty much every battle down the corner. We have to protect him no doubt. Beaulieu can be traded.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
YOu realize they dont have to protect Benn right? I mean he is 30 and at a bargain deal but his trade value around the league is a 4th? maybe a 3rd? He is a great bottom pairing D and will likely not get taken and should he the habs can always strike a deal with VGK to get him back for said draft value.

BEaulieu although not reaching his potential is still an asset to this team regardless of what some here on HF think. He is 24 and just came off a 30 point season as a D man who ranked 4th amongst Dmen on the team in PP TOI.

IF he had regular minutes on the PP he would easily be a 35-45 point dman.

I say they protect Weber, Petry and Beaulieu

up front they protect hudon as the 7th forward.

and I believe VGK will slect either JDLR or emelin or Plekanec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad