Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] D Jordan Harris signs extension with the Canadiens (2 years, $1.4M AAV)

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Nice deal

Timmins > Harris

Lets talk about this in 2 seasons ?

For 1 second i tought they extend Drouin, all i saw on my phone was confirmed with link (MTL) D J… i miss the D but i was like wtf :huh:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm not sold on this, it seems high if he doesn't show us more.

Essentially, Hughes is betting Harris can be a top-4 or a fixture as a 5th D who plays both sides.... otherwise he'll be expensive for what he brings, won't get a QO in 2 years and turn into a journeyman.

It also means MTL has 9 defensemen signed for next season, so the odds of Edmundson getting moved just went up. (we could still send Wideman to the AHL at worst, but I doubt that's the plan)

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Essentially, Hughes is betting Harris can be a top-4 or a fixture as a 5th D who plays both sides.... otherwise he'll be expensive for what he brings, won't get a QO in 2 years and turn into a journeyman.

It also means MTL has 9 defensemen signed for next season, so the odds of Edmundson getting moved just went up. (we could still send Wideman to the AHL at worst, but I doubt that's the plan)
Top4 at 1.4M$? You must be new on the cap charts..... Harris is playing really well for a 3rd pairing rookie defenceman.

Get a clue.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Top4 at 1.4M$? You must be new on the cap charts..... Harris is playing really well for a 3rd pairing rookie defenceman.

Get a clue.
You realize salaries go up, not down, right? My worry is for his next deal or deals. This new number is the baseline for future deals. If he stagnates, he'll be mildly overpaid as long as he gets qualified.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Very solid player, very cerebral, plays 16 mins a night mostly mistake free. Has some more offensive upside.

Reactions: viceroy

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

He's a rookie playing bottom pair minutes very effectively:

I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting, but this is a textbook extention for an early 20s mobile D-man who has been effective at the bottom of the lineup.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

$1.4 million = top 4? It's a good contract. If he's never more than he is, it's all but completely buried. If they decide to move him in favor of someone else in the org it's a very easy contract to move.

Reactions: HabsQC and viceroy

Gaud

May 11, 2017

Well i think there are things he needs to work on, but i think that the fact that he "doesnt show us more" is a good thing for a Defenseman his age. I suspect that he will eventually become a lot more visible as he gains experience, but the fact that he is invisible now means to me that he isn't doing anything wrong either.

He seems to take calculated risks when joining the offence, and ive seen him hustle when that failed to fix the play and i haven't seen anything that is especially worrisome in his game. His skating is very good too and has the ability to do a very good first pass, which will line up well with Gorton and Hughes' vision of a speedy offensive team. I like the contract because it gives him more motivation that way and it shows confidence.

Reactions: Fenris

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
$1.4 million = top 4? It's a good contract. If he's never more than he is, it's all but completely buried. If they decide to move him in favor of someone else in the org it's a very easy contract to move.
I'd say, it's more that if he doesn't break into the top-4 or become a fixture as a high-end 5th D who plays both sides, then he'll be overpaid and therefore will be moved out or not qualified fairly soon. Successful teams don't have 3d pairing guys at 1.5M (ie, his next qualifying offer).

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

It's barely above league minimum lol

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'd say, it's more that if he doesn't break into the top-4 or become a fixture as a high-end 5th D who plays both sides, then he'll be overpaid and therefore will be moved out or not qualified fairly soon. Successful teams don't have 3d pairing guys at 1.5M (ie, his next qualifying offer).
What?? The Bruins bottom 2 makes almost $6.7M.

What a silly statement lol

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT

Ummmmm what ?

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

Top 4 at 1.4mill :facepalm: maybe 30 years ago

Good deal for both sides Harris will have 2 years to prove himself but personally i woudlnt be surprised if hes moved in the future we’re too deep on the left and not much on the right

Reactions: bh53 and viceroy

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Some games he looks like a #4 and other games like a #6 defenseman. It’s only his first full pro season so I expect some growth yet over the next two years. Great contract for both sides.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...

large

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Top 4 at 1.4mill :facepalm: maybe 30 years ago

Good deal for both sides Harris will have 2 years to prove himself but personally i woudlnt be surprised if hes moved in the future we’re too deep on the left and not much on the right
If he's top-4 at 1.4M it's a bargain.
If he stays a #5-6 who doesn't bring anything special, it's expensive, and will be as long as he's QO-ed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad