Proposal: MTL-CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
60 points in 70 games "breaking down" is more than Domi and KK put together. If Toews is "breaking down" is Domi then in the junk heap?

If KK and Domi are in the junk heap than what are Patrick, Farabee and frost put together?? Since they put up less points than Domi and KK they would be lucky if junk heap was even mentioned in the same sentence as their name.

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

If KK and Domi are in the junk heap than what are Patrick, Farabee and frost put together?? Since they put up less points than Domi and KK they would be lucky if junk heap was even mentioned in the same sentence as their name.
What a horrible argument, first of all Philly has nothing at all to do with this. Second, the obvious point you are missing is that Toews is still a really really good player and KK and Domi are fine but not nearly as good as Toews. Way to completely misinterpret something and then bring up irrelevant stuff because you are butt hurt.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
What a horrible argument, first of all Philly has nothing at all to do with this. Second, the obvious point you are missing is that Toews is still a really really good player and KK and Domi are fine but not nearly as good as Toews. Way to completely misinterpret something and then bring up irrelevant stuff because you are butt hurt.
Toews is a really good but really over paid player. It takes a team with cap room and near the cup(within next 2 years) to make an offer. Should Colorado make an offer for their 2c? Does the usual Colorado suspects of Z, Jost and a 1 get it done? Guessing Toews means too much to Chicago but at least I get it. Fun discussion.

4c, decent prospect and pick 60 does not accomplish anything. It just keep the annoying cycle going of we want your player, we will give you slop, and oh you don't like the offer? Well he isn't any good anyways.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Why would the habs want a guy that is 32 and getting paid 10.5mil for 3 more years when they will have to resign danault, petry, domi, kk, poehling , tatar, gallagher , mete in the next 2 years.

Value isn't great for hawks but montreal would be stupid to trade for toews.

Because the Habs are actually really underrated and one character player from the Cup.

Toews is a great character

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Giving assets for a declining centre on the wrong side of 30 who's paid 10.5M.

I think I'll pass.

Did I see someone say Romanov + Caufield for Toews? That's... that's funny.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I really wish there was a way the MODS could put a cap on how many trade proposals you could make a week/month these proposals are absolutely awful.....

Reactions: Flyer lurker

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I really wish there was a way the MODS could put a cap on how many trade proposals you could make a week/month these proposals are absolutely awful.....
There is an ‘ignore’ feature in user profiles if particular users bother you this much.

Reactions: bobbydigital

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think it may make sense to try to rebuild, even though I believe they would look for a better return, MTL does not pay 10.5m for another player with this Price contract already in place. In addition, there is no Kane/Debrincat to play next to him in MTL.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Not really something the mods would do......while we manage the boards & administer rules......we rarely get involved in determining subject matter itself (albeit we have the ability). The boards exist for fans to discuss ideas and thoughts.......not everyone will love or agree with those thoughts.........ignore button works great if you don't like a thread.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Toews would immediately be the best forward on the Habs and montreal fans turning their nose up at that because of his cap hit and willing to give up relative peanuts for a guy who still put up 80 pts last year when he was supposed toast?

Thats rich

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Hey we know Toews is overrated and overpaid but he's still a very good player. The Hawks aren't going to trade their future hall of famer who is still producing for this collection of mediocre assets and cap relief.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Flyers have no decisions trade wise. Roster is set except for asking to you resign Grant or Pitlick? Fairly boring. Montreal fan base is like going to a green day concert and watching who is attending. Some older mature fans. Some fans with green hair trying to look cool. It is fascinating to me.

The player evaluation for Montreal fan 80-90% goes like this. We have cap space. Your team could use cap space. Give us your player for 40 cents on the dollar. It could be Toews. It could be Kopitar, It could be Sergachev. It could be Cirelli. But the offers generally have the same motif. We'll give u X 2nd round pick and Poehling in the trade offer how can you say no now? KK is untouchable how dare you ask for him. And on flip side if someone says you should consider trading Domi for 2 1's, the 1's are poor value and we aren't trading Domi for magic beans.

And for record I think it is foolish to to add 10+m in salary and end up losing 1-2 of the 5 big ufa's in 2021 because of it (Tatar, Danault, Petry, Gallagher, Armia). If there was a June draft and trades were allowed I would look into what I can get for Petry ESPECIALLY if it a 16 and not 24 team playoff. At the end of 2021 Habs with right moves could be young upstart team. Or they could be what Arizona is now. A lot of money into good players but still no Batman on the roster able to take over and lead.
The Habs could also be a team that gives new contracts to Petry, Tatar, Danault, Domi and Gallagher, none of them live up to those contracts and they are up against the cap with an older, bad team with several guys on bad contracts.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
The Habs could also be a team that gives new contracts to Petry, Tatar, Danault, Domi and Gallagher, none of them live up to those contracts and they are up against the cap with an older, bad team with several guys on bad contracts.

That and a roster full of forwards who at best are 50 pt players winds you up with the teams like Nashville and Columbus (sans Rick Nash years) cobbled together for decades to never go anywhere and completely leaned on defense and goaltending

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
And I wish those type of conversations would be on hfboards. Who do you pay or not pay among the 5 ufa in 2021 (and I know Weal is too but big picture who cares). Say the draft is June and you can make trades. If 16 team playoffs and MTL you have to listen to Petry at minimum and I would as well for Tatar. If 24 team playoff do you listen on Tatar and Petry or shut it down because you would make playoffs v Florida?

But the Montreal has cap room and we'll take you player for 40 cents on the dollar offers are boring.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
A B- prospect in Poehling plus B+ prospect and a low 2nd round pick for a future hall of Famer that is all of 32 years old with 3 more years of term. Can Chicago add Dach and a 2021 1st to this deal to make sure it works for Habs?

Towes was a great player but I wouldn't give you one of our prospects for him at $10.5 AAV.

You can keep him and let him retire a Hawk.

Terrible deal for Montreal at his stage in their career and where Montreal is in their rebuild

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Mtl is not in a position to acquire an aging superstar on the decline. It's not about winning right now in habsland.

And for those arguing that Mtl should give their best prospect or the 8th pick this year to get Toews, would you do it for Price as hawks fans?

No, so you have your answer. In this stage of his career with the contract he has, Toews isn't worth this kind of return.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Mtl is not in a position to acquire an aging superstar on the decline. It's not about winning right now in habsland.

And for those arguing that Mtl should give their best prospect or the 8th pick this year to get Toews, would you do it for Price as hawks fans?

No, so you have your answer. In this stage of his career with the contract he has, Toews isn't worth this kind of return.

It is more the contract than anything else (MTL cannot have this and Price and Alzner taking 26m of the cap), else he is still producing and we should stop thinking that players >30 are bad. This aside, he is still a top 1C in this league and has been for the past ten years (3 seasons below 60 points (pace for full season)).

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
A pastor once said in a sermon if it looks like dung and smells like dung its probably dung. Habs fans. You are not getting a 2014 Corvette even it has some miles on it for a flaming bag of poo.
Didn’t know 2014 corvettes go for 10.5 million lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad