Proposal: MTL-CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
MTL : Poehling + Juulsen/Fleury + 2rd 2020 #39
For
HAWKS : Toews

I know Toews was a Habs fan in his young age i am sure he would love to play in MTL and he speak French ;-)
And get that 10.5 mil off Chicago's back to sign a UFA

Domi-Toews-Gally would look great

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
MTL : Poehling + Juulsen/Fleury + 2rd 2020 (Blues)
For

I know Toews was a Habs fan in his young age i am sure he would love to play in MTL and he speak French ;-)

A B- prospect in Poehling plus B+ prospect and a low 2nd round pick for a future hall of Famer that is all of 32 years old with 3 more years of term. Can Chicago add Dach and a 2021 1st to this deal to make sure it works for Habs?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
MTL : Poehling + Juulsen/Fleury + 2rd 2020 (Blues)
For

:laugh: :laugh: First off Toews isn't wasting his time in Montreal, And a trash proposal isn't getting him anyways. No way is a future hall of famer like Jonathon Toews getting moved for a guy who has 5 points in 28 NHL career games. That's pure trash for Toews start with Caufield+Romanov for starters to even peek Stan Bowmans interest.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
A B- prospect in Poehling plus B+ prospect and a low 2nd round pick for a future hall of Famer that is all of 32 years old with 3 more years of term. Can Chicago add Dach and a 2021 1st to this deal to make sure it works for Habs?
Toews is far from when we was a Elite player,
He dosen't play like a player that gets paided 10.5 mil like Kane.
So in some sense is leaning towards a cap dumb.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
A pastor once said in a sermon if it looks like dung and smells like dung its probably dung. Habs fans. You are not getting a 2014 Corvette even it has some miles on it for a flaming bag of poo.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
:laugh: :laugh: First off Toews isn't wasting his time in Montreal, And a trash proposal isn't getting him anyways. No way is a future hall of famer like Jonathon Toews getting moved for a guy who has 5 points in 28 NHL career games. That's pure trash for Toews start with Caufield+Romanov for starters to even peek Stan Bowmans interest.
I would never give 2 x A prospect for Toews at this point of his career

Reactions: nyhabsfan

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Toews is far from when we was a Elite player,
He dosen't play like a player that gets paided 10.5 mil like Kane.
So in some sense is leaning towards a cap dumb.

Toews was a 0.86 PPG player this last season. So he's not elite. That doesn't mean he sucks. If Chicago is looking to dump cap space, they'll do with it Seabrook and attach a major asset to send him to a really bad team with cap space and the need for high picks and/or A prospects. Chicago won't dump their C and an iconic franchise player that doesn't exactly suck, even at the very very old age of 32 as he only registers a point in 9 out of every 10 games.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
I am confused why the Habs would want another 10.5 million cap hit? Carey @ 10.5 isn't enough?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I would never give 2 x A prospect for Toews at this point of his career
Toews at this stage in his career got 60 points in 70 games. At "this stage in his career destroys and Canadian center stats "at this stage in their career". If pick 8 or one stud prospect is not in the trade the next sound you will hear is dial tone.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Why would the habs want a guy that is 32 and getting paid 10.5mil for 3 more years when they will have to resign danault, petry, domi, kk, poehling , tatar, gallagher , mete in the next 2 years.

Value isn't great for hawks but montreal would be stupid to trade for toews.

Reactions: abo9

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Toews at this stage in his career got 60 points in 70 games. At "this stage in his career destroys and Canadian center stats "at this stage in their career". If pick 8 or one stud prospect is not in the trade the next sound you will hear is dial tone.

And all habs fan will be happy because the only habs fan that would wanna trade for toews is the guy making the proposal. Pick 8 and stud prospect hahaha wouldn't trade one of those for toews forget about both.

Reactions: Ciao

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
This isnt as bad a proposal as some posters are making it out to be. 32 year old Toews making $10.5 isnt an uber valuable piece.

The question is, does Chicago want salary relief bad enough to sell their face of the franchise for pennies on the dollar? And does Montreal want to pay Toews that much?

Value wise this isnt bad. Just depends on the teams' intentions.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
60 points in 70 games "breaking down" is more than Domi and KK put together. If Toews is "breaking down" is Domi then in the junk heap?
Judging players by the stats prove that you don't know these players and what they give on ice.
It's like saying Danault is a 3C because of his stats or that Kassian is a top 3 foward.
Please watch some hockey games would you.

Reactions: VoladorJr

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Judging players by the stats prove that you don't know these players and what they give on ice.
It's like saying Danault is a 3C because of his stats or that Kassian is a top 3 foward.
Please watch some hockey games would you.
So JFH please if Toews is so bad WHY ARE THE PERSON WANTING TO ACQUIRE HIM?
If MTL fan wants to say you can get better long term assets in a cap tight world I agree.
If MTL fan wants to say it is foolish to trade for 32 yr old c's in Toews or Kopitar because they aren't the difference between MTL and either TBL or BOS in the next 2 years I agree.
But please from all other 30 fan bases stop with the foolish stl 2nd and Poehling offers. Those 2 chips are equal to I have to give something so here is the horse manure I will pile up. No matter how many piles its still manure.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
So JFH please if Toews is so bad WHY ARE THE PERSON WANTING TO ACQUIRE HIM?
If MTL fan wants to say you can get better long term assets in a cap tight world I agree.
If MTL fan wants to say it is foolish to trade for 32 yr old c's in Toews or Kopitar because they aren't the difference between MTL and either TBL or BOS in the next 2 years I agree.
But please from all other 30 fan bases stop with the foolish stl 2nd and Poehling offers. Those 2 chips are equal to I have to give something so here is the horse manure I will pile up. No matter how many piles its still manure.
Just a random observation but you really like to post on every HABS thread as a FLYERS fan eh? lol

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Trade our captain and 1C for a bottom pairing defender, a bottom 6 center, and a 2nd...

Gonna have to pass

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
For

you need a timeout from trade proposals. at least you didn't ask for any of the hawks french players. Montreal doesn't touch this

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
For

No Montreal never make this trade.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Just a random observation but you really like to post on every HABS thread as a FLYERS fan eh? lol
Flyers have no decisions trade wise. Roster is set except for asking to you resign Grant or Pitlick? Fairly boring. Montreal fan base is like going to a green day concert and watching who is attending. Some older mature fans. Some fans with green hair trying to look cool. It is fascinating to me.

The player evaluation for Montreal fan 80-90% goes like this. We have cap space. Your team could use cap space. Give us your player for 40 cents on the dollar. It could be Toews. It could be Kopitar, It could be Sergachev. It could be Cirelli. But the offers generally have the same motif. We'll give u X 2nd round pick and Poehling in the trade offer how can you say no now? KK is untouchable how dare you ask for him. And on flip side if someone says you should consider trading Domi for 2 1's, the 1's are poor value and we aren't trading Domi for magic beans.

And for record I think it is foolish to to add 10+m in salary and end up losing 1-2 of the 5 big ufa's in 2021 because of it (Tatar, Danault, Petry, Gallagher, Armia). If there was a June draft and trades were allowed I would look into what I can get for Petry ESPECIALLY if it a 16 and not 24 team playoff. At the end of 2021 Habs with right moves could be young upstart team. Or they could be what Arizona is now. A lot of money into good players but still no Batman on the roster able to take over and lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad