Proposal: Mtl-Chi

Blind Mind

May 23, 2016
Guys, yeah this thread sucks, I agree, and I'm an Habs fan. But you're also undervaluing DD.

Retained at 50%, he doesn't hold negative value, although he doesn't have a lot of value, but it's not negative at least, Benthsman is right, DD could be a good depth player on some teams, but he would need to play with some talent. Per example (I know Pittsburgh probably doesn't want him at all), he would produce well with the Pens, if surrounded by talent players who score. DD is a GREAT passer, I mean he really is. But sometimes he's predictable cuz he never shots (almost). With more size, he would be a great player in the NHL, no kidding.

I hope that you know DD better now! Have a great day! :)

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
You can't be serious with this.

"Easily third line worthy" if they were actually achieved from the third line.

Surely you are aware that he didn't put up the 52 or 48 point totals in a third line role.

He didn't even post the 29 points in a third line role. He got moved to the first line for stretches last year.

Do you actually think you are proving he's a good third line centre by posting numbers he posted in a totally different role?

Do you think this fools anybody? What's the point of this?

This is a common argument by some hab fans in the formerly popular Desharnais threads. Using his points while acting as a 1/2 line centre to show him as a 'good' 3rd line centre.

I am a habs fan, we will not get anything in return for Desharnais - although I am sure some team will take a chance on him next year for cheap.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
This is a common argument by some hab fans in the formerly popular Desharnais threads. Using his points while acting as a 1/2 line centre to show him as a 'good' 3rd line centre.

I am a habs fan, we will not get anything in return for Desharnais - although I am sure some team will take a chance on him next year for cheap.

So the dale weise arguement

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I disagree.

Then entertain us and let's us know why the Hawks would have any interest in him? Like stated in another post you would need to move him to a non playoff team with a add for them then you get the cap space, a playoff team against the cap will not be helping you with that.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Of course not.

and yet he still got us a 2nd and danault (fleishman wasn't worth anything substantial)

a rental posting good numbers is worth more than you think.

If someone want DD I think we could get a 3rd for a 50% retained DD. But Bergevin wont trade him, not with the injuries we have and the playoffs incoming.

he did play 3rd line last year and got 29 points in 65 games, played mostly with weise and Fleishman (52.8% of the time, got Pacioretty and Weise for 25.1%) and 13min ice time.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If someone want DD I think we could get a 3rd for a 50% retained DD. But Bergevin wont trade him, not with the injuries we have and the playoffs incoming.

You're out of your mind if you think anyone would give up a 3rd rounder for a small, under performing forward with a history of playoff ineffectiveness.

Why would any team do that?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Then entertain us and let's us know why the Hawks would have any interest in him? Like stated in another post you would need to move him to a non playoff team with a add for them then you get the cap space, a playoff team against the cap will not be helping you with that.

Hawks badly need a 3rd line center.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Isnt DD the common whipping boy in Montreal?

Its just always interesting hearing the same fanbase that ruthlessly bashes this guy try to turn around and propose that he has value

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
Sure DD can play the 2nd line. Lots of 3rd line players can play the 2nd line. The question is how good is DD when he gets 3rd line minutes and no PP time.

It's disingenuous to highlight point totals when DD was playing top 6 minutes with PP time and suggest that he's that kind of player on the 3rd line without PP time. In that situation he's probably closer to the 30pts/82games he's put up this year.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Isnt DD the common whipping boy in Montreal?

Its just always interesting hearing the same fanbase that ruthlessly bashes this guy try to turn around and propose that he has value

He was the whipping boy when he was inexplicably the teams 1st line center and had term. Most fans wanted him out so Therrien would stop overplaying him and slowing Galchenyuk's development.

Now Desharnais is decent offensive depth on an expiring contract, Galchenyuk has 27 points in 30 games and Montreal has decent center depth. Most importantly, Therrien has stopped overplaying Desharnais.

Also, Habs fans ruthlessly bash all Canadiens players. I think Radulov is the only one Hab that hasn't been bashed by Habs fans on here. We're the worst.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Hawks badly need a 3rd line center.
Not really. Sure, an upgrade would be nice, but Kero's played pretty well thus far, and once Kruger comes back there will be less pressure on Kero's line defensively. The Hawks have a much more pressing need at 1LW. Thing is, assuming his KHL team misses the playoffs (and it looks like they will), Shalunov could come over and fill in for either one of those roles, and for cheaper than DD.

Dog

You can't be serious with this.

"Easily third line worthy" if they were actually achieved from the third line.

Surely you are aware that he didn't put up the 52 or 48 point totals in a third line role.

He didn't even post the 29 points in a third line role. He got moved to the first line for stretches last year.

Do you actually think you are proving he's a good third line centre by posting numbers he posted in a totally different role?

Do you think this fools anybody? What's the point of this?

15-16 he played his majority of 5on5 with Weise and Fleishmann

Hes fine on the third line.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
He was the whipping boy when he was inexplicably the teams 1st line center and had term. Most fans wanted him out so Therrien would stop overplaying him and slowing Galchenyuk's development.

Now Desharnais is decent offensive depth on an expiring contract, Galchenyuk has 27 points in 30 games and Montreal has decent center depth. Most importantly, Therrien has stopped overplaying Desharnais.

Also, Habs fans ruthlessly bash all Canadiens players. I think Radulov is the only one Hab that hasn't been bashed by Habs fans on here. We're the worst.

Habs fans even bash Price?

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Habs fans even bash Price?

They didn't for a while, but he hasn't been the best goalie in the NHL this year and is just starting to emerge from a pretty rough stretch, so yes. Its worth noting that its not ALL, or even a majority of Habs fans, but we tend to get hypercritical of all players.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Hahaha. No desire to acquire DD for our rights to Shalunov. Frankly, we're looking pretty solid in the center department once Kruger gets back. Much more need for a top-6 or top-9 winger. Shalunov could be that guy once his team gets eliminated.

DD gets too much heat for the type of player he is. I'm sure someone would give Montreal a B prospect or somewhere near a 3rd round pick for him at the deadline, but frankly, you guys should probably hold onto him. Who's going to take his center spot?

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Hahaha. No desire to acquire DD for our rights to Shalunov. Frankly, we're looking pretty solid in the center department once Kruger gets back. Much more need for a top-6 or top-9 winger. Shalunov could be that guy once his team gets eliminated.

DD gets too much heat for the type of player he is. I'm sure someone would give Montreal a B prospect or somewhere near a 3rd round pick for him at the deadline, but frankly, you guys should probably hold onto him. Who's going to take his center spot?

I agree that its a bad deal for Chicago and that Montreal should hang onto DD. But he's not a center on Montreal any longer. Danault has rocketed up the depth chart and took his spot. And he's not getting a center spot over Galchenyuk, Plekanec or a 4th line defensive center like Mitchell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad