Proposal: Mtl-chi

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Hello hawks fans, Habs fan here.

As far as I know, you guys are having trouble with the cap and have a need for a 2C with Richards underperforming. No, I'm not here to take Dickell, but I have an offer that frees up some cap space for you guys and fills 1 of your needs.

CHI acquires:

Tomas Plekanec(25%retain)
Mac Bennett
Hayden Hawkey

MTL acquires:

Patrick Sharp

Fills our need, saves you cap AND fills 1 of your needs!

Nothingman*

Richards is actually playing really well and that line is our best line the last few weeks. I don't think that would work for us.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Huh, I guess I haven't watched the Hawks for a while. At the start of the year he was struggling to say the least though.

Annnnnnyywho, does that seem like fair value?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
He was struggling for the first 10 games or so but has been very, very good since.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Richards is not underperforming, and his line is dominating right now. And Teravainen is expected to eventually replace Richards. I like Plekanec, but there's no reason for the Hawks to do this trade.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I will say, I love Bickell being called "Dickell" even if it was by accident. Ima start using that.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Sharp would be a great fit for the Habs. I'd be open to this trade, but you'd have to take Bickell. Pleks would be a good fit assuming Richards doesn't resign.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Richards is not underperforming, and his line is dominating right now. And Teravainen is expected to eventually replace Richards. I like Plekanec, but there's no reason for the Hawks to do this trade.

OK, is there anything you'd want from us for Sharp

Pacioretty, Price, Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher are valued highly.

Interesting available pieces include: Andrei Markov, P.A Parenteau, Lars Eller and MANY more!

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
OK, is there anything you'd want from us for Sharp

Pacioretty, Price, Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher are valued highly.

Interesting available pieces include: Andrei Markov, P.A Parenteau, Lars Eller and MANY more!

Galchenyuk would be most appealing.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I don't know anything about those other guys.

Would you trade galchenyuk for sharp + any prospect not named TT?

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
People are overestimating the cap problem. The cap is going up next year. There's been some misinformation pushed lately to suggest otherwise, but it will go up.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
People are overestimating the cap problem. The cap is going up next year. There's been some misinformation pushed lately to suggest otherwise, but it will go up.

Exactly. They might not be able to resign Kruger, but the only player they should actually have to trade is Bickell.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I wonder what we get for Kruger? Will they sign and then trade him? Just tell people he can be offer sheeted? Wonder how it will all work.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I wonder what we get for Kruger? Will they sign and then trade him? Just tell people he can be offer sheeted? Wonder how it will all work.

I'd like to see him bundled with Bickell and maybe the rights to Clendening or Rundblad. One way to get that huge contract off our hands.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Might be in the minority but I'd rather trade Shaw than Kruger.

I think it depends on a few things:

Kruger's cap hit
The organizations trust in Danault filling in that role
Hartman's performance (seeing as he is the likely Shaw replacement)
And obviously, the performance of both Shaw and Kruger this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad