Proposal: MTL & CAROLINA

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
These type of deal just don't usually work. Teams are high on guys they draft, unreasonably high if they do well post draft and unlikely to be traded.

So far since taking over from Francis/Karmanos, this management team has traded very few players they drafted. In fact, I think it's only 1. 3rd round pick Aiden Hreshuk in a deadline deal.
In this cap world, teams will need 3-5 yrs of low salaried team controlled players. These will be hard to get later. Teams with more depth elsewhere could offer a better piece to acquire more proven depth elsewhere.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Would love Morrow but he just had a really good rookie season in the NCAA i dont see him being available
We don't compare Scott Morrow to Cale Makar....we compare Cale Makar to Scott Morrow :sarcasm:

Seriously, we are very high on Morrow....and not compare the two....okay, I will. As freshman at UMass here are their respective numbers:

Cale Makar - 34 games played, 5 goals, 16 assists, 23 points, 20 PIM, +/- 9
Scott Morrow - 37 games played, 13 goals, 20 assists, 33 points, 10 PIM +/- 10

Same school, same coach, same system. Now, as they say, past performance is not indicative of future performance, but the numbers look pretty sweet.

I think we're keeping him.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
We don't compare Scott Morrow to Cale Makar....we compare Cale Makar to Scott Morrow :sarcasm:

Seriously, we are very high on Morrow....and not compare the two....okay, I will. As freshman at UMass here are their respective numbers:

Same school, same coach, same system. Now, as they say, past performance is not indicative of future performance, but the numbers look pretty sweet.

Delete

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

i hope your not expecting a Makar because you will end up disappointed

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Mailloux will be playing at the same time or sooner than Morrow. Then you have your RD.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

there is an old french sayin'..."un tien vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras"...my money is on Makar in terms of ceiling. We shall see where Morrow lands. All the best for his development.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
there is an old french sayin'..."un tien vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras"...my money is on Makar in terms of ceiling. We shall see where Morrow lands. All the best for his development.

It’s interesting that you mention birds. Bobby Orr once flew through the air like a bird to score a goal and Morrow will be the best defenseman since Orr.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00