Proposal: MTL - CAR - PIT

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
As do the Canes. We aren’t paying what it would take to sign patches at 31.

lol HF at its best, Pacioretty is being shit on so much on these bords that he is now 2 years older. I understand that you mean when the contract would kick in, but you stil would get a 29 yrs old player in the lineup at the start of the season and have 1 year to resign him.

What is the age difference between P Kane, Couture, Vorachek, Subban, Simmonds. There isn't but these players are great but Pacio is old and in decline...

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
lol HF at its best, Pacioretty is being **** on so much on these bords that he is now 2 years older. I understand that you mean when the contract would kick in, but you stil would get a 29 yrs old player in the lineup at the start of the season and have 1 year to resign him.

What is the age difference between P Kane, Couture, Vorachek, Subban, Simmonds. There isn't but these players are great but Pacio is old and in decline...

Are you trying to make an argument that Pacioretty shouldn't be viewed as being in decline after putting up 37 points last year because.... Patrick Kane... is... the same age?

Gold medal Olympic mental gymnastics

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
If the Canes are looking to trade Skinner, I doubt they are looking to trade Fleury/Bean (much less plus) for patches

Yeah that's understandable. Honestly I have little doubt Montreal will get a solid return for Pacioretty, Carolina doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a landing spot, which is unfortunate because they have a lot of pieces we'd be interested in

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Are you trying to make an argument that Pacioretty shouldn't be viewed as being in decline after putting up 37 points last year because.... Patrick Kane... is... the same age?

Gold medal Olympic mental gymnastics

I would say you shouldn't view him as in decline, but not because of same age as Kane lol... More-so the fact that the entire season was like the team playing hot potato with a live hand grenade

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
lol HF at its best, Pacioretty is being **** on so much on these bords that he is now 2 years older. I understand that you mean when the contract would kick in, but you stil would get a 29 yrs old player in the lineup at the start of the season and have 1 year to resign him.

Oh come on.

I said we aren't paying what it would take to sign him at 31, not the age he is right now. When his new contract kicks in on 7/1/2019, he'll be 30 years + 7.3 months old and he'll turn 31 just 1.5 months into his first season of that new contract. So he'll basically be 31 when his new contract kicks in.

I don't think Patches is on the decline for a few years. I DO think he's going to want a very large salary with a very long term and:

1) I don't want to Canes to be the one to provide him that as those contracts almost always backfire - and -
2) I doubt he wants to sign in Carolina anyhow.

So the point is that any move of Pacioretty to Carolina is for 1 year of him. Has nothing to do with ****ing on Pacioretty, it's just common sense.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad