Proposal: MTL - CAR - PIT

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
This is a joke right? Carolina doesn't need a #7 Defender (Schlemko), a 2nd/3rd line center (we've got that covered with Rask), and Faulk for Pacioretty isn't near the value we'd get for him traded on his own. Lastly, there's no way Carolina helps Pittsburgh's defense improve as a division rival. Frankly this proposal is embarrassing.

Habsfann

Apr 13, 2014
Montreal and Pitt would accept, Carolina declines especially if Patches doesn't agree to a extension

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
You're acting as if you're not getting quality pieces.
If you look at the "value" from Carolina's perspective....we're not. As was stated, we're not signing Patches to the huge contract he'll command, Brassard fills absolutely no need, and we've got equivalent LHDs to Schlemko in our system. There's no value to this deal for Carolina.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
You are correct when you look at team needs and contracts and players ages.
What would you rather have from either PIT or MTL?

I thought with the potential loss of Skinner you'd want to replace him with Pacioretty. Also Brassard is a clear upgrade over Rask. Granted they're soon to be UFAs, but CAR has plenty of money left to spend.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
If you look at the "value" from Carolina's perspective....we're not. As was stated, we're not signing Patches to the huge contract he'll command, Brassard fills absolutely no need, and we've got equivalent LHDs to Schlemko in our system. There's no value to this deal for Carolina.
What would Fleury + Faulk cost us if we left MTL out of it?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What would you rather have from either PIT or MTL?

I thought with the potential loss of Skinner you'd want to replace him with Pacioretty. Also Brassard is a clear upgrade over Rask. Granted they're soon to be UFAs, but CAR has plenty of money left to spend.

Canes aren't looking to trade for two guys that are UFAs in a year that will be 31 and 32 when their contracts expire and a bottom pairing LHD who is a UFA in 2 years that will be 32 in his next deal. It's an absolutely sucky deal for the Canes.

If you want Fleury, then I want Sprong.
If you want Faulk, then I want your 1st next year + + (and I don't know that that is because I don't know if you have what I'd want but I'm not willing to trade Faulk to the Pens for a discount). If you don't like it, then so be it.

Canes aren't looking for 30+ year olds that are UFAs to be.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Also from a Habs perspective, I want younger pieces for Pacioretty. If Canes had any interest in him I'd look at something around Fleury/Bean+
If the Canes are looking to trade Skinner, I doubt they are looking to trade Fleury/Bean (much less plus) for patches

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad