Confirmed Trade: [MTL/BUF] Eric Staal (@50%) for 2021 3rd and 5th round picks

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He'd be, like, their fourth middle-six center. Stockpiling an abundance of draft picks to blow on inconsequential rentals is one way to run a team.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He'd be, like, their fourth middle-six center. Stockpiling an abundance of draft picks to blow on inconsequential rentals is one way to run a team.

You make it seem like having Kotkaniemi and Eric Staal as your bottom 2 centres is a bad thing. The team is built on depth. I’d say that’s quite deep.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'd be disappointed, if I were in his shoes. Just a few weeks ago, he was talked about as a potential target for a Top 5 team with his brother as captain and his former captain as coach.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Waiving your NTC so you can get dealt to a contender and ending up in Montreal is like saying you want to win and signing with Buffalo.
I guarantee when the Habs miss the dance your gonna hear how Covid was to blame because of the games that got cancelled made their schedule unfair and the playoffs are only a gimmick this season, not to mention the refs are to blame for giving them covid, cuz that's their battle cry after every loss.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm not sure that Montreal is the right team for him to going to, their spot in the plays isn't exactly safe
Idk

they have 6 games in hand on Vancouver
And 3 games in hand on Calgary

they also have 2 games in hand on everyone ahead of them which if they win those games puts them 1 point behind Edmonton and Winnipeg and 3 behind Toronto.... I think it’s a good gamble

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad