Proposal: MTL - BUF blockbuster

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
I know there's a Eichel mega thread, but because this involves way more than just Eichel, I thought it would make more sense to make a thread out of it.

Anyway, I see both the Sabres and the Habs are struggling as of late. There have been rumors that players like Danault, Gallagher, and Weber were really not happy with the coaching lately, and that they contributed to getting Julien fired. Danault also turned down an extension with the Habs as he's not happy to be slotted in a defensive role.

I believe a change of scenery is needed - and I think this goes both ways (as I've read rumors that Eichel isn't too happy either). It helps that Eichel was a Habs fan growing up - so I'm sure he'd be happy to play for the Habs, who desperately need a star forward.

Either way, here is my proposal (the cap hit is practically flush - only 38k change in favor to the Habs). Please don't kill me :/
Something's not adding up here.

So they allegedly weren't happy with the coaching and wanted Julien fired. Bergevin fires him and the players got what they wanted. Now they're looking to ditch Montreal altogether after Julien's termination?

You would think they want to stay now that Julien's fired, wasn't he the issue the players had with? Unless they're not happy with Ducharme. :huh:

I'm just confused at the motive for the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad