Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Bobby Farnham signs in Montreal. 1yr, 2-way deal

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
That is wrong.

They traded Subban because they got offered Shea Weber.

Now if you want to think they lost the trade or whatever, its up to you.

haha yeah right!

Is that even a discussion? What on earth made sense for Habs in that trade? Unless they really didn't wanna keep Subban.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
How many of those fights have been started by the other guy punching him square in the face ? He runs around after making dirty hits or runs at a goaltender, only time i've seen him fight is when the other dude literally starts throwing hooks at his face.

I've seen him fight quite a bit, there's a good mix of mutual agreed upon fights and fights where the other player comes after him. That's to be expected, he's an agitator. You don't average close to 20 fights a season by picking spots.

He's a terrible fighter, but he's still willingly gone up against players he's giving up half a foot and 60 pounds to. He answers the bell more than any other pest in recent memory.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He had a couple funny goals.

He also used to piss off players and drew quite a few penalties because of it. I'd personally rather have him than the current Steve Ott, who Pierre was hyping up as ''The kind of players you need come playoff time, to get under other players skin'' or whatever the quote was.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I've seen him fight quite a bit, there's a good mix of mutual agreed upon fights and fights where the other player comes after him. That's to be expected, he's an agitator. You don't average close to 20 fights a season by picking spots.

He's a terrible fighter, but he's still willingly gone up against players he's giving up half a foot and 60 pounds to. He answers the bell more than any other pest in recent memory.

well he's still a scum bag in my eyes. I remember him taking two clear shots at Reimer's head in a single game then running away and cowering behind his team mates. Guy's a POS.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
trades subban for attitude problems, aquires Shaw, who uses gay slurs, and Farnham, a cheap shot artist. Benning levels of durr.

Subban might have been traded partly because his personality is not good for the team. But to think these guys have the same type of personality as Subban is Milbury level of intelligence. As if there were two possible personalities in this world: good and bad.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Very good 4th liner on the Devils. He can shoot the puck well and actually has a ton of speed.

I think the Devils have overflowed on 3rd and 4th liners but the fact is it's still disappointing that the team didn't resign him. He deserved a 1 way deal due to last season, he had a better year than most 4th liners have their whole career.

Oct 22, 2012
Very good 4th liner on the Devils. He can shoot the puck well and actually has a ton of speed.

I think the Devils have overflowed on 3rd and 4th liners but the fact is it's still disappointing that the team didn't resign him. He deserved a 1 way deal due to last season, he had a better year than most 4th liners have their whole career.

I think he makes habs opening night. While they do have a lot of 4th liners, some of them are so soft. Matteau isn't making the team and Flynn has become the odd man out.

Also to the poster above, Poile offered Weber for Subban at the draft. Bergevin confirmed it, sat on it for a week trying to work a bigger deal but it didn't work out.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
The human speeg bag has found a new home, and a new home crowd, to watch him get pummeled

Farnham.gif

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
haha yeah right!

Is that even a discussion? What on earth made sense for Habs in that trade? Unless they really didn't wanna keep Subban.

-Weber was selected to play for team Canada, Subban didn't.

-Weber scored 20 goals last season, Subban scored 6.

-Weber is a beloved leader and a captain, Subban had rumors of riffs with teammates his whole career in Montreal.

Subban is more popular, but that trade is way less lopsided than people give it credit for. Sure Subban has higher possession numbers, but he also let's in more high danger chances. This a trade that needs to be revisited next March.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad