Post-Game Talk: MTL beats NJ in OT 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

Terrible call but I'll take the point. Greene had a rough game and Erik Cole is a scum bag.

Can't really hate on the ref. From his angle it look like Greene grabbed him. From the other side it's a blatant dive.

NJDFan4Life

Jun 25, 2009
Canada
We got a point we didn't deserve. Volchenkov looked awful tonight. Can somebody tell me how many times he was on the ice for a Habs goal.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Ref made an idiot call. Easy dive to recognize. Would have prob won in the shootout.

Msg,enuff with the Friggin islander game already. Focus on covering our game.

and how about our own commentators talking about the opposing team the whole night? and how prust is "a fan favorite"

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I am not at all in the blaming the refs here. They were a gaping hole defensively, giving away pucks like candy, that's why Cole got to that position against Greene.

Don't skip that morning skate again, that was a terrible idea.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
we didn;t deserve a point and got one on the road. I will take it. even with the **** call at the end.

also Volch has been baaaad so far this year. let Larsson play.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
I loved this insightful gem from Chico tonight on Kovy's post in OT (wish that would've ended the game).

Chico Tweets ‏@ChicoTweets_
"It was either gonna hit Price, the post, go in or go wide!"

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
We may have stolen a point, but we had the chance to earn the second stolen from us. Just because we didn't deserve to get to OT it doesn't mean we deserved to have the game ripped away once it got there. Not unhappy to walk away with one point, but I'm unhappy with the way it went down.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To the Habs trolls in here.

**** OFF!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
More pissed at Cole, I only wanted a point out of this game coming into the 3rd. Cole is already a highly unlikeable player.

I hope this POS Habs team finishes in last again just like last season. Cause Cole is on this team. Hard to like him after his lockout activity. I like the Canes more than the Habs now. That says something.

This is why Cole should 'never' get the benefit of the doubt on those plays. Just like Clarkson doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when he gets hooked and falls because, well, he falls a lot normally. But hey, like Pete (Laviolette) said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rNDGCajMpwc

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Well like everyone else I swore that cheap ass Cole lived up to his reputation but I went back and watched again and I gotta say Andy indeed deserved a penalty. If it was just his arm like I thought at first glance then yes, it was bs but he actually did the foot sweep from behind and lifted Cole's leg up. That will flip a guy back as he tries to cut in on net. I'm glad for the point in all.

778A5CEE-83DF-41BC-9526-EC924545B1FB-14077-0000149CC2E8E1DF.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We are scoring goals too, but the D needs a shakeup, and we all know the kid who needs a shot to play. Also expect we might see a Moose sighting in Boston. Overall that could of been A LOT worse. Team showed a lot of heart battling back, but we have to stop with these slow starts. Need to be stronger right out of the gate. Still I am ok, take the point and move on.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I am not at all in the blaming the refs here. They were a gaping hole defensively, giving away pucks like candy, that's why Cole got to that position against Greene.

Don't skip that morning skate again, that was a terrible idea.

Why? Its overtime, they jobbed us out of the game just like they jobbed the Blue Jackets last night. Greene TOUCHED Cole and he flopped to the ice. Referees need to put their ****ing whistles away in overtime, I'm sick and tired of them determining the winner night after night.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I trust Patty as much as the next guy but I really think Zajac should've been out there to take the last faceoff. Trav was on fire tonight in that department, I would have to think he would have a better chance winning the draw than Patty.

But oh well, tough loss just because of Cole. Other than that, really happy with the point in this one and hopefully this means Larsson gets into the lineup next game.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Why? Its overtime, they jobbed us out of the game just like they jobbed the Blue Jackets last night. Greene TOUCHED Cole and he flopped to the ice. Referees need to put their ****ing whistles away in overtime, I'm sick and tired of them determining the winner night after night.

Because that was borderline penalty, and not at all as much diving as everyone wants it to be here.

pulkit1989

Nov 16, 2011
Why watch then?

I will watch coz I am a fan.. I watched them play in 10-11 when they had a losing season too :) .. and even watched them last year when they went to the cup finals..

I am new to this board.. I live in vancouver, but I cheer for the devils :)

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
stop blaming the refs people, face it, Devils are not playing the way they played last year. kudos to them for tying it and stealing a point though.. Devils are gonna lose to Boston..

Off to AH land you go Troll:rant:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad