Proposal: MTL and SJ

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
How isn't he a guy with top pairing potential? He literally has a full toolbox. Size, skating, RHD, fighting, hitting, positioning, passing, shot, PP QB potential.
I'm actually quite surprised they haven't already retired his number at the Bell Centre.

Reactions: Gecklund

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Random thought: if SJ wins the Celebrini lottery, I wonder if Smith might be movable for Montreal's 1st, assuming it's still top 5, since SJ would have a franchise center in the works. Montreal saves a developmental year, SJ perhaps gets to draft a very highly rated D. I'm assuming Montreal adds since 2023 was a great draft and Smith has seemingly developed well since.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Random thought: if SJ wins the Celebrini lottery, I wonder if Smith might be movable for Montreal's 1st, assuming it's still top 5, since SJ would have a franchise center in the works. Montreal saves a developmental year, SJ perhaps gets to draft a very highly rated D. I'm assuming Montreal adds since 2023 was a great draft and Smith has seemingly developed well since.
Smith would probably be #2in this year's draft. I don't see why SJ wouldn't want to have their top 3 C positions locked up for the next 10 years (Mack, Smith, Edstrom). If we did It would be for a major overpay.

Funny, I thought the same thing about Musty and Smith.
You can't just take my joke and say "ditto". That's just lazy comedy.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Nope he would not be

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Smith would probably be #2in this year's draft. I don't see why SJ wouldn't want to have their top 3 C positions locked up for the next 10 years (Mack, Smith, Edstrom). If we did It would be for a major overpay.

You can't just take my joke and say "ditto". That's just lazy comedy.
I'm not a comic, so lazy comedy is fine by me, babe! :)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I doubt it. Grier's probably very much bought in to Smith regardless of whether they get Celebrini. Nothing wrong with a 1-2 center combo of Celebrini and Smith if it works out that way for the Sharks.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
The 31 other GMs who work within organizations with moral integrity and class that chose not to draft him due to character issues?
I'd say only a handful of GM's have "moral integrity" and I would not judge a kid as having "character issues" because he made a mistake as a kid sharing a photo. Let's be real. Woke world is out for blood. Nice to see more sheep had joined them.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd say only a handful of GM's have "moral integrity" and I would not judge a kid as having "character issues" because he made a mistake as a kid sharing a photo. Let's be real. Woke world is out for blood. Nice to see more sheep had joined them.
I tend to agree with you on the moral integrity of GM's in this league but I don't think what Mailloux did is merely a mistake sharing a photo. He followed up that mistake with the bare minimum to show that he actually learned anything from it so I'm not sold that he's not going to make a similar mistake down the road and I just don't want my team to be the one that has to deal with the fallout again like they had to with Evander Kane. I'm sure another GM in the league will value Mailloux how Canadiens fans value him in a trade but I don't want it to be the Sharks and I certainly don't want it to be for Musty.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I tend to agree with you on the moral integrity of GM's in this league but I don't think what Mailloux did is merely a mistake sharing a photo. He followed up that mistake with the bare minimum to show that he actually learned anything from it so I'm not sold that he's not going to make a similar mistake down the road and I just don't want my team to be the one that has to deal with the fallout again like they had to with Evander Kane. I'm sure another GM in the league will value Mailloux how Canadiens fans value him in a trade but I don't want it to be the Sharks and I certainly don't want it to be for Musty.
It's so sad that Mailloux didn't meet your personal level of contrition. I'm sure GMs around the league are taking your feelings into account.

Now, let's talk about hockey...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's so sad that Mailloux didn't meet your personal level of contrition. I'm sure GMs around the league are taking your feelings into account.

Now, let's talk about hockey...
It is because it speaks to his character and it speaks to yours that you don't give a shit.

Reactions: Grinner

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It is because it speaks to his character and it speaks to yours that you don't give a shit.
A 17 year old made a huge mistake and has been atoning for it ever since. If that mistake at 17 defines him, labels him forever.... then that's on you.

He has shown growth and maturity since. That speaks to his character.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I dont see the sharks ever trading for someone with that kind of conviction. Much more likely to get flak from their fans than MTL who dont care about that stuff and just care about winning.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
A 17 year old made a huge mistake and has been atoning for it ever since. If that mistake at 17 defines him, labels him forever.... then that's on you.

He has shown growth and maturity since. That speaks to his character.
He's been atoning for it ever since except in the way that the victim asked him to. That tells me a lot more than any public apology or statements related to the incident really does. His character, to me, is more worried about the publicity angle of it all and how it affects his career than he does about atoning for what he did to the victim. I don't want a player like that on my team.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
How isn't he a guy with top pairing potential? He literally has a full toolbox. Size, skating, RHD, fighting, hitting, positioning, passing, shot, PP QB potential.
He certainly does not 'have it all' . He is Laval's version of Matheson. He is a turn over machine and often lost in his zone.

He has a lot of work to do before I trust him with 1st pair minutes in MTL.

Is he an intriguing prospect? Absolutely! But he has to stay in Laval and develop better defensive awareness/reliability.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's been atoning for it ever since except in the way that the victim asked him to. That tells me a lot more than any public apology or statements related to the incident really does. His character, to me, is more worried about the publicity angle of it all and how it affects his career than he does about atoning for what he did to the victim. I don't want a player like that on my team.
LOL, well your are entitled to your opinion. I am not going to label Mailloux based on his immaturity as a 17 year old. If he has character issues in young adulthood, well then we can revisit this.

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad