Proposal: MTL and CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Value is fair but thesis is off. Why does Montreal want to get younger? They already are so young.
Barron is stagnating, and is a bit like a car changing a tire along the road, and seeing 2 very similar ones that management has a lot invested in (young RD in Mailloux and Reinbacher) coming along at his speed, and both showing a lot of potential. Sure, Barron might finish changing his tire, take that next step, and turn into a strong offensive D, perhaps as good as Petry in his prime, but it's unlikely Montreal can give him much more development time before giving that same ice time to the other kids, knowing guys like Savard won't be around forever to shield them by getting caved in when everything is going badly.

I think #34 is expecting too much, but it's likely in 11 months he gets moved for a 5th if he hasn't taken that next step... so a team offering something decent (exact value is hard to pin down, of course) might be able to grab him.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
My ask is found one for that pick ??
They already have 2 better than Barron.
Allen (2021, 1st) Left shot but plays right side.
Rinzel (2022, 1st) kicked ass as a freshman.

Your teams fans say Barron is worth a 5th.
I would have put the value at a late 3rd but nothing says he’s a good 2nd pairing guy or a PPQB.
You’re just trying to dump a guy being passed by guys in the Habs system and pretending he has value.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
They already have 2 better than Barron.
Allen (2021, 1st) Left shot but plays right side.
Rinzel (2022, 1st) kicked ass as a freshman.

Your teams fans say Barron is worth a 5th.
I would have put the value at a late 3rd but nothing says he’s a good 2nd pairing guy or a PPQB.
You’re just trying to dump a guy being passed by guys in the Habs system and pretending he has value.
Actually, no, some of us are saying, if he doesn't show improvement, in 11 months he'll be worth something like a 5th.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
#34 is a fair price for Barron, but I don't see the habs moving him yet.
Savard only has 1 year left on his contract, and both Mailloux and Reinbacher would benefit from more ahl time.

If they move a D, it would make a lot more sense to move Savard, Harris or Kovacevic than Barron.

Reactions: Lockin17 and Gaud

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Savard only has 1 year left on his contract, and both Mailloux and Reinbacher would benefit from more ahl time.

If they move a D, it would make a lot more sense to move Savard, Harris or Kovacevic than Barron.
Blackhawks are very deep on the backend. Will only need to draft a couple prime time RD and this guy is not a fit whatsoever .

Reactions: Space umpire

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Blackhawks are very deep on the backend. Will only need to draft a couple prime time RD and this guy is not a fit whatsoever .
So.... he isn't a need, because you're going to draft guys 4 years younger (and 4 years farther from the NHL?) ?

I mean, I can see disagreement on value, but Chicago doesn't seem to have that many RD options right now.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
So.... he isn't a need, because you're going to draft guys 4 years younger (and 4 years farther from the NHL?) ?

I mean, I can see disagreement on value, but Chicago doesn't seem to have that many RD options right now.
Blackhawks have Rinzel , Del Mastro , Allan , Crevier . Barron is okay but Levshunov , Parekh , Jirichek , Emery , Badinka ,Freij are all much better options (in 2024 Draft) for Blackhawks longterm plans.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Savard is on the NHL roster and Mailloux and Reinbacher are in the AHL now and Barron was still sent down in favour of playing LHDs on their off-side. There will only be less room for Barron once Mailloux and Reinbacher start knocking on the door (and I believe he has to clear waivers if he's sent down next year).

I would do the deal for the 34th as a Hab fan if it were on the table.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Savard is on the NHL roster and Mailloux and Reinbacher are in the AHL now and Barron was still sent down in favour of playing LHDs on their off-side. There will only be less room for Barron once Mailloux and Reinbacher start knocking on the door (and I believe he has to clear waivers if he's sent down next year).

I would do the deal for the 34th as a Hab fan if it were on the table.
Same. I think it's quite possible in 11 months he's shown he can be an NHL defenseman and has gained significant trade value, and might be movable for a 1st like Rasmus Sandin was.... but this isn't a sure thing, and he might also end up being traded for a 5th at the deadline or 2025 draft if it's clear there just isn't room for him in Montreal and he hasn't shown improvement.

I'll take a sure 34th "bird in hand" ahead of a possible 25th "bird in the bush" ..... that might just as well be 150th .

If Management has already decided to move him, I don't expect anyone to offer a pick in the 30-40 range, though. I'm thinking at best Montreal gets a similar reclamation project at forward, instead.

Reactions: lamp9post

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Blackhawks have Rinzel , Del Mastro , Allan , Crevier . Barron is okay but Levshunov , Parekh , Jirichek , Emery , Badinka ,Freij are all much better options (in 2024 Draft) for Blackhawks longterm plans.
2024 draft is meaningless, in that there's a big age difference already between guys joining the NHL and guys who are 17 years old now.

As to the other list of prospects... I can't take seriously any list where Crevier is seen as comparable to Barron. The numbers are far off, and these are guys from the same draft class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad