Mrazek traded to the Flyers

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
He wasn't even really that well received in that thread. Plenty of complaining about drafting a bottom 6 center, plenty of posts calling him a bust already. I'd imagine the draft day thread is a lot more scathing.

Edit: I guess not on my last line, thanks Frk it.

Happy
@redwingsprospect
@Tips_Fedorov (2nd choice)
@joe89
@SoupNazi
@Bobby12345
@Zetterberg4Captain
@Chance_on_Chance
@Vladdy84
@Konnan511
@zecke26 - had a couple guys ahead, but satisfied
@Claypool
@Fire_Ken_Holland
@DetroitRed
@tfong - liked it but wanted Milano
@Spitfire11
@Vladdy84
@Hckytwn
@FlashyG
@DetBigWangs
@silkyjohnson50
@SimplySolace - I think
@Roy_S
@Pavels_Dg
@Kronwalled55
@The_Zetterberg_Era - "We are building a nightmare transition team" Got that right LOL
@Bench
@KJoe88
@Red_Winger_87
@Schultzfeelinirie20 - babysat larkin
@goalie_guy
@YostisHome
@InjuredChoker

Unsure/can't tell
@DatsDeking
@We_like_our_team
@The_Geelee
@sully61 -- Starts negative but is positive by the end of the day
@ChadS

Unhappy
@Frik_It --- Seems to warm up to the idea within minutes of voicing displeasure
@DetroitWINgs - Seems to warm up as the thread goes on
@Shaman484
@Boomhower
@Robbler - not sure if he disliked it, but wanted Scherbak
@Point_shot

I didn't venture beyond June 27.

Reactions: Konnan511

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I mean... Helm with hands is one hell of a good player. And I'm not even sure it's all that wrong.

Fast as hell. Check.
Tenacious on the puck. Check.
Works hard. Check.
Plays well on both sides of the puck. Check.
Relatively simple game. Check. (Not exactly dangling people out of their jockstraps or making Datsyukian passes out there)

Which is exactly what I posted when people were going bananas about picking him.

That Helm with hands is only an insult (well accurate) to Helm. That it sounded like a terrific hockey player.

But people were really mad by in large about that selection.

We have a tendency to overreact, especially on draft picks. Larkin and Bertuzzi were hammered hard at the time of their selections.

For instance I was very afraid of trading Mrazek. He is not proving that at all. I was dead wrong on what was going on with Petr. He looks like the same guy over there and it appeared like he was yelling something as he got pulled the other night. Same ole Petr it would appear.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I mean... Helm with hands is one hell of a good player. And I'm not even sure it's all that wrong.

Fast as hell. Check.
Tenacious on the puck. Check.
Works hard. Check.
Plays well on both sides of the puck. Check.
Relatively simple game. Check. (Not exactly dangling people out of their jockstraps or making Datsyukian passes out there)

Hockey IQ?
Shot?
Vision?

Helm’s just not a good offensive player. It was a lazy comparison but it is what it is.

Reactions: Winger98

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Neuvirth came back yesterday and got hurt in his first game back, Mrazek had to finish the game

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Looks like they'll have to start Mrazek in game two, maybe he'll catch fire (who am I kidding)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Looks like they'll have to start Mrazek in game two, maybe he'll catch fire (who am I kidding)
His playoff stats are unreal.

Small sample size, but if he keeps on those stats he'll stay the starter until the team gets knocked out.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That was such a bad game my guess is it is a flush it game for the coaches.

I think Elliott gets the call in game 2 but his leash is short and if he has a poor first period, I think that is it for him for the series. He looked really out of it tonight. Petr looked better, but I still expect Hakstol to stick with Elliott for one game.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That was such a bad game my guess is it is a flush it game for the coaches.

I think Elliott gets the call in game 2 but his leash is short and if he has a poor first period, I think that is it for him for the series. He looked really out of it tonight. Petr looked better, but I still expect Hakstol to stick with Elliott for one game.
I was watching the game. Elliott looked bad but the Pens were just all over the Flyers.

Totally agree on the coaching call. Especially since Mrazek hasn't been the model of consistency during his time with them (or us for that matter).

Here's to me selfishly hoping Elliot lets in 2 quickies near the start, gets pulled, Mrazek goes god mode like vs Tampa and the Flyers pull off a comeback.

I want that pick baby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad