Speculation: Mrazek to Toronto makes sense

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Wins are a team stat. Put McBackup on those Mrazek teams and he's lucky to walk away with 4 wins. The dearth of quality defenders on both of those teams makes the difference.

Save% isn't....and .934 with 2 shutouts for a backup is just fine with me.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
I never said to replace Freddy. Dur!

He’s talented, might be worth a shot if he comes cheap (900k).

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Carolina is the team that makes sense. An open starter's role and a twenty-something guy already there who's signed long-term but struggling with that role right now. Mrazek is going to be looking for a chance to redeem himself as a future starter.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Carolina is the team that makes sense. An open starter's role and a twenty-something guy already there who's signed long-term but struggling with that role right now. Mrazek is going to be looking for a chance to redeem himself as a future starter.

He had that chance in Philly. And lost it to an AHL goalie.

Reactions: Devonator

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, well that AHL goalie was better than Scott Darling this season.

Trading an incredibly bad goalie for another incredibly bad goalie probably isnt the ideal move, that's all. And I say this as someone who was excited about the Mrazek trade originally.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Trading an incredibly bad goalie for another incredibly bad goalie probably isnt the ideal move, that's all. And I say this as someone who was excited about the Mrazek trade originally.
I'm not talking about a trade. I'm assuming Philly lets him walk and he can freely sign wherever.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm not talking about a trade. I'm assuming Philly lets him walk and he can freely sign wherever.

I meant 'trading' as in swapping Darling for Mrazek. Not actually acquiring him. A trade would be pointless as no one will qualify him at that amount.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Goaltending and wingers are the last thing leafs need to worry about.

Would rather spend money on defence.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I just don't believe in Sparks, guy was drafted almost 7 years ago and still hasn't made it and it's not like he's had stiff competition for that backup job for most of that time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad