Injury Report: Mrazek Groin Injury

vpasla1

Mar 24, 2018
If absolutely necessary, they could trade for another goalie, but they wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs. (unless there has been some rule change this season)
If a player is on a team's reserve list at the trade deadline, they cannot play for another team, regular season or playoffs.

The only way it would work is the Leafs could sign a UFA to be a goalie for the regular season, but they would not be eligible for the playoffs.

It's unfortunate Mrazek went down just when he was starting to play well, and we have 15 games in April, so it would have been nice to see both Campbell and Mrazek get into a groove. However, if Campbell and Kallgren can give us average goaltending, it should be a good month.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This dude is softer than melted butter they need to find a way to terminate his contract, the good news is regardless of how Campbell does they will be in the market for a goalie and will actually be forced to address it because Marazek CAN NOT be back

and Campbell has been awful since December so even if he comes back and does OK I wonder if they bring him back and if they do does he get backup money?

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Lots has been made of Leafs goaltending issues obviously.

But going into the playoffs we’ll have five goalies on the roster who have had at least one NHL shutout in the past two seasons.

We don’t need them all to be healthy and playing well at the same time. Just one of them. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
not at all bummed out that we won't see him again this year. Hopefully he's played his last game with the LEafs.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Good luck to Mrazek on whatever team he ends up on in summer .. way to injury prone to have as a backup here .. i have have said many times wish it was only a 1 year deal NOT 3 .. now it is gonna cost us a pick to move him but oh well "it is what it is"

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Imagine if there was a way to opt out of an underperforming players contract... Man I hate how NHL contracts are structured.

ANOTHER judicious signing by the wiz kid Mrazek was injured most of last year and was rewarded with a ridiculous contract

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Imagine if there was a way to opt out of an underperforming players contract... Man I hate how NHL contracts are structured.
only way that ever happens with the nhlpa is if said player gets the remaining money on his contract, or at least a huge % of it. and if that where the case teams would try to take advantage of it like the ltir loophole.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
I agree.

I think if a player clears waivers there should be a reduced buyout rate or maybe some kind of cap relief.

Teams shouldn’t be punished for giving out big contracts. You’d think even the NHLPA would agree with that.

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

Stinger8

Feb 16, 2021
If they send him to the minors next year is his salary on our cap, a portion of it???

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I agree.

I think if a player clears waivers there should be a reduced buyout rate or maybe some kind of cap relief.

Teams shouldn’t be punished for giving out big contracts. You’d think even the NHLPA would agree with that.
how are teams punished for signing big contracts ?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Forgot about the Muzzin aspect.

I really hope Jack Campbell‘s rib injury is what was affecting his play

we don’t even need or will expect .935 Campbell.

Just need like .912 or better lol
That we're hoping for .912 says a lot about how desperate our situation is. I still can't get over how many people are blaming Campbell for our playoff loss last season and he put up .934 FFS.

Terrible news anyhow. It's Campbell or bust now, I mean never say never but the idea of one of our other guys being able to help us win is your basic run of the mill pipe dream.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Kallgren has been really good. Are people expecting our goalie to have a 999.99% Save pct?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Should be like the NFL. No guaranteed contracts.
That we're hoping for .912 says a lot about how desperate our situation is. I still can't get over how many people are blaming Campbell for our playoff loss last season and he put up .934 FFS.

Terrible news anyhow. It's Campbell or bust now, I mean never say never but the idea of one of our other guys being able to help us win is your basic run of the mill pipe dream.
Only 16 wins for the Cup ;)

Reactions: Gary Nylund

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If a player is on a team's reserve list at the trade deadline, they cannot play for another team, regular season or playoffs.

The only way it would work is the Leafs could sign a UFA to be a goalie for the regular season, but they would not be eligible for the playoffs.

It's unfortunate Mrazek went down just when he was starting to play well, and we have 15 games in April, so it would have been nice to see both Campbell and Mrazek get into a groove. However, if Campbell and Kallgren can give us average goaltending, it should be a good month.

Can you provide a link for that. Everything I'm reading indicates that a trade could occur and a player is regular season eligible, just not playoff eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00