Mr Softee aka Scott Darling serves NYR again

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
true mvp

canes haven't been bad enough for a top 3 pick in.. forever

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Been purposely watching highlights of some Canes games this year, after so many tried to convince me that Ward and Lack weren't really the problem, and that this was a problem with the team. Lack was a joke for those few games he played with Calgary, by the way.

Everything that I've found so far, is that he's failing the eye test and he has those .90-something numbers for a reason, and it isn't because the team sucks or that some defenders are ''Leaving the back door open'' or ''Guys aren't boxing out in front and he's allowing goals he has no chance on''.

Just off the top of my head, there was this Desharnais goal tonight, that really horrific goal against the Rangers last week from center ice. He looked pretty bad on that OT goal against Chicago, there was also a game 3 or 4 weeks ago, where he allowed 3 or 4 goals and I felt that at least 3 of them were goals he had a chance on. 2 of them cleanly beat him through the 5 hole and he was off his angle on another one. There's also been a few others.

It's almost always very common for a guy who has been a backup, to regress a bit when they start playing a starters workload, but I figured he'd be a .915-ish guy and maybe he still can be, once the season ends. Cam Talbot had a rough start to his first season with the Oilers, he even lost the starting job temporarily, but ended the year above league average, while their other goalies were a joke that year.

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
How many pucks has he mishandled this season? Another mishandling and the Rangers make him pay. The game is basically over after the rangers go up 4-1 with two open netters. All he needs to do is not allow another one, and he can't even do that, gets scored on with a minute left in the third.

Not just that he has made so many mistakes this season that has cost the Hurricanes games. He had high expectations going into Carolina. He hasn't lived up to what he was expected. He looks very bad out there and out of place.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I've only seen him three times this year, but I'm yet to be remotely impressed. He seems slow and just gets by on being big.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
it's really too bad. after so many years of awful cam ward they really needed to finally get a good goalie. darling was a decent gamble but he was always just a gamble.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah Darling sucks. He has been playing horribly. Last night was his season in a nutshell.

He really is only a backup goalie. Canes took a risk and it didn't work out.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Darling to me always seemed like a platoon goalie, not an outright starter. In theory, a Ward-Darling tandem would work well if Ward was like 4 years younger.

Reactions: Fixxer

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I didn't think Darling would be able to handle the duties and live up to that contract when Carolina went through with it. I like Darling but at best in a tandem or a goalie you could feel okay about if your starter got injured.

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
With such an elite defense you really shouldn't need a great goalie to win games.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Man I feel sorry for Canes, as a Jet fan I know everything about bad goaltending. Hopefully Bucky can keep this up, but he needs resting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad