Moving Forward: Senators Reborn

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Look, I know this is a site that thrives on rumours, and soothsayers who can read between the lines .......... So when I heard the Hoff GF rumour from a very reliable source, I thought I would pass it on here, where pretty much everyone is waiting for the next rumour, no matter how flimsy the source.

All I can say, if that my source was pretty much bang on, which is more than the vast majority of rumours floated around here.

So which rumors that are circling here you think aren't true due to your conversation with your source(s)?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Someone give us a light at the end of the tunnel.

We have the 4th overall pick in this years draft.....

As of now we still have Erik Karlsson....

What are some things we can look forward to? Come on guys!

If all of this results in a rebranding and bringing back the 2D logo to remember "the good times" it might all be worth it. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Icelevel

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Hoping it's a darkest before the dawn situation here, I have given up the hope of being a good or even remotely competitive or respectable team with the current group at the helm, my simple hope which fades away by the day is that the Senators will finally be purchased by a stable, positive and smart ownership group for the first time in it's existence, no fan deserves the treatment we have received. Will legit shed tears if it happens!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I assume the sarcasm means that you are of the opinion that nothing is happening with ownership?

No, not being sarcastic, and I've not shared my opinion on WCs rumour, other than to say it seems to be a strong one, and with the supporting tweet (6th Sens) making it that more interesting

you do know what happens when you assume...

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
No, not being sarcastic, and I've not shared my opinion on WCs rumour, other than to say it seems to be a strong one, and with the supporting tweet (6th Sens) making it that more interesting

you do know what happens when you assume...

My bad, it read like sarcasm to me.

I don't recall any opinions but I did notice your tone on Melnyk's ownership completely changing.

Coors19

Jul 18, 2011
1) New Owner- Alfie apart of it.
2) Karlsson, Duchene, Stone extension + Hoffman traded for Kelfbom
3) Lebreton Done
4) Experienced hockey minds in front office
5) New Logo (2D)
6) Young players/Gustavsson turn into star players
7) New coaching staff after this season (Keefe)
Lets go!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
My bad, it read like sarcasm to me.

I don't recall any opinions but I did notice your tone on Melnyk's ownership completely changing.

Well I never jumped on the Hate & Blame Eugene Melnyk band wagon, and a lot of people held that against me, and - assumed - I was working for him, supporting him or was him.

I clearly stated that I was not the type of person to waste my time agonizing over something ( change the owner) that I had no ability to influence.

In this case EM has been very emphatic about his lack of desire to sell the team ...... whether you want to believe what he says or not ............ there is no point, in my opinion, to "rub crumbs on your chains".

Reactions: armani and Engineer

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Well I never jumped on the Hate & Blame Eugene Melnyk band wagon, and a lot of people held that against me, and - assumed - I was working for him, supporting him or was him.

I clearly stated that I was not the type of person to waste my time agonizing over something ( change the owner) that I had no ability to influence.

In this case EM has been very emphatic about his lack of desire to sell the team ...... whether you want to believe what he says or not ............ there is no point, in my opinion, to "rub crumbs on your chains".
Get off your high horse, we could use it as a #2 D.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Dude we need posters with different views, makes discussions interesting with different perspectives. Post away!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Fantasy time (tired of roasting marshmellows on the flames of our org burning to the ground).

New ownership with deep pockets steps in, what do you want to happen? Here's my dream...

- New GM introduced, welcome to the team Hunter.
- Alfie brought in as team president
- Introducing the new HC of the Ottawa Sens, SC winning Trotz
- We wish you all the best in this difficult time, Mike Hoffman, you've been traded to Edmonton.
- As a parting gift, please accept these armored gloves, Ryan has been traded to the Flyers, 50% retained.
- Ottawa would like to congratulate Washington on their SC victory, thank all the fans, along with Bergevin for reaching at 3rd OA, and are proud to select Zadina with the 4th OA selection
- Marion Gaborik and Alex Burrows have been assigned to Belleville, or maybe the ECHL idk.
- Find a way to spend 30 mil in cap space while including re-signing Stone, Duchene, Ceci, and Karlsson.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You should say it again in case anyone missed this or the other number of times in the last day you’ve posted it, or you know, in the thread I made.
You should be an X-Man - you could focus your passive aggression into a super power.

You're not wavering are you?

DGMW, it would be incredible if your rumour was correct.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Fantasy time (tired of roasting marshmellows on the flames of our org burning to the ground).

New ownership with deep pockets steps in, what do you want to happen? Here's my dream...

- We wish you all the best in this difficult time, Mike Hoffman, you've been traded to Edmonton.
- As a parting gift, please accept these armored gloves, Ryan has been traded to the Flyers, 50% retained.
- Ottawa would like to congratulate Washington on their SC victory, thank all the fans, along with Bergevin for reaching at 3rd OA, and are proud to select Zadina with the 4th OA selection
- Marion Gaborik and Alex Burrows have been assigned to Belleville, or maybe the ECHL idk.
- Find a way to spend 30 mil in cap space while including re-signing Stone, Duchene, Ceci, and Karlsson.
- Console freezes

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
You're not wavering are you?

DGMW, it would be incredible if your rumour was correct.

What is there to waiver on?
I’ll go back and pretend I wasn’t told what I was told?

So no I’m not waivering, I was specifically commenting on your passive aggressiveness.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

I LOVE this idea. Could genuinely happen under new ownership too.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I dont know about you guys but if there is new ownership, I dont want there to be any remaining management from the current members to the old guard and that includes Alfie. We need a totally clean slate.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Pick Bouchard/Tkachuk
Trade Hoffman for marginal futures
Trade Karlsson + Ryan for a package of marginal futures
Resign Duchene, Stone and Ceci long term
Sign a couple depth players
Go for the playoffs next year

That's the big plan right now.

Duchene was very passionate in interviews that he wanted out of Colorado because he wanted to play in the playoffs.
I don't think that he will be in a hurry to resign with Ottawa when their fortunes are so bleak.
I think he will be moved at the trade deadline.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
"Melnyk fixed games to double his fortune, invests in a new pharmaceutical company, arrested for money laundering."
“Ear medication shoplifted by Pierre Dorion is provided to Orleans’ Shoppers Drug Mart by Eugene Melnyk’s new pharmaceutical company investment”.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun had an interesting take today............is this the beginning of the end of the Ottawa Senators? May not be far off the mark when you look at how past and present events have impacted the
franchise. Not many good/great players will be lining up to work in a toxic environment. One thing for sure, change is about to happen and the odds of Sens fans being happy with what lies ahead is diminishing by the day. Can't even imagine what attendance will be like next season.
Stone may be looking at a quick exit too!

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun had an interesting take today............is this the beginning of the end of the Ottawa Senators? May not be far off the mark when you look at how past and present events have impacted the
franchise. Not many good/great players will be lining up to work in a toxic environment. One thing for sure, change is about to happen and the odds of Sens fans being happy with what lies ahead is diminishing by the day. Can't even imagine what attendance will be like next season.
Stone may be looking at a quick exit too!

Steve Simmons has no good takes . Ever.

Talk about someone who should be fired.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Steve Simmons has no good takes . Ever.

Talk about someone who should be fired.

Whether it is Steve Simmons or any other reporter, the fact of the matter,and the main point of the article is that the Senators franchise is in deep trouble and perhaps the worst is yet to come. Sad but true!
My degree in Rocket Science comes in handy sometimes!

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Whether it is Steve Simmons or any other reporter, the fact of the matter,and the main point of the article is that the Senators franchise is in deep trouble and perhaps the worst is yet to come. Sad but true!
My degree in Rocket Science comes in handy sometimes!
Roster and personnel trouble, yes. Relocation, no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad