Moving Forward: Senators Reborn

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We cannot just say "Mulligan."

It has the be torn down.

We have to start with Melnyk. The guy lies, is being sued by former marketing manager who has stated that he was harassed and bullied by Melnyk.

The new owner will have to replace the head office.

Dorion brand new on the job goes up to Sakic and says "if you ever want to trade Duchene, let me know." Talk about showing your hand.

Lee....well yeah...

The locker room is a warzone.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I’m excited about some of the young guys coming up and the pending top 6 F/top 4D in this year’s draft.

At some point things are going to bottom out and our fortunes will turn. How is that for optimism?

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
It's at the point where the only news that will win me back as a fan of the Senators is for Melnyk to sell. If that doesn't happen, I hope to see sub 8K attendance levels consistently next season. But I probably won't know about it as I won't be following this team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I’m excited about some of the young guys coming up and the pending top 6 F/top 4D in this year’s draft.

At some point things are going to bottom out and our fortunes will turn. How is that for optimism?
3,4-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (also known as MDA, and Tenamfetamine, or colloquially as "Sally", "Sass", or "Sass-a-frass") is a synthetic entactogen of the amphetaminechemical class. It produces long-lived entactogenic, stimulant and mild psychedelic effects that include stimulation, anxiety suppression, enhanced feelings of empathy, affection, and sociability, and euphoria when administered.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Melnyk has to sell after all this. There’s no way he can keep the ship afloat with all the lost ticket sales, no one saving face of the organization and so on. There has to be good news on the horizon.

Genuflexion

Aug 20, 2017
I don't see much hope for this incarnation of the Sens, we need a change as drastic as changes can come. The positive: If we can get a new owner that's a great start

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
This team needs a complete tear down and rebuild of the entire organization starting with Melnyk and going down through Management, coaching and the players. A scorched earth rebuild is needed here even if we can’t get our pick back from Colorado.

Reactions: Senscore

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Restoration starts with:

1. Melnyk has to sell the team. I doubt this franchise can move forward with him at the helm.
2. The entire hockey operations should be fired & an entire new hockey operations should already be hired & come in with the new ownership group including a GM, Coaches, AHL coach(s) & scouting staff. An experienced Lou Lamoriello type President or GM could straighten this mess out.
3. Find a way to trade, waive or buyout Hoffman, EK, Ryan, Gaborik, Burrows, Smith, Pyatt, Claesson, Anderson & maybe Condon. More if need be.
4. New management will likely be stuck with whichever prospects this organization drafts in Dallas.
5. July 1 - try & sign a few UFAs to fill a number of holes for a yr. (If EK is traded replace him with Mike Green for a yr or two)
6. Development camp - analyse which prospects may be NHL ready & can fill holes now & who needs more development time whether it's an entire yr in Belleville or just a limited time there.
7. Put together the best Rookie tournament lineup possible & hope they get some good news from it.
8. Continue to try & improve the roster right up to the first day of the season & then right up to the trade deadline. Get rid of all the dead weight on the team & fill it with the best players possible. Keep adding as many of the best assets possible.
9. Try & get a 1st rd pick or two for the 2019 draft with a trade or two.
10. Draft players in the first round who are close to NHL ready that could make the lineup next season or the following yr.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Are you not reading the papers or listening to media reports? Most think EK will be traded but whether it actually happens remains to be seen. I also said to replace him with UFA Mike Green RD for a yr or two or did you miss that completely?

By trading Hoffman, Karlsson, Senators will be left to hope for offence, patience
Sorry I didn't read every single one of your posts. Also, I didn't quote any of your posts either. It was a general statement. Also I said if/when in that particular scenario

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Even if/when they dump Hoffman, there's still a metric ton of talent on the NHL team and in the system. There's a lot of off-ice drama right now, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as it feels.
Youre right its worse.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Could the reputation of the Sens get so bad that they decide to move the team elsewhere? Because that’s what looks like what’s happening. This team needs to be sold ASAP if it has any chance of survival

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Players like Mark Stone and Erik Karlsson deserve better. Although I would hate to lose them, I wouldn't blame them for leaving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->