Post-Game Talk: Movin' on up...

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Athanasiou is such an important piece to this current lineup. Even if he's not getting a lot of ice time, he still creates offense by himself. But more importantly, he allows the rest of the lines to have scoring threats as well. Larkin and Mrazek deservingly have the spotlight, but AA is going to be a beaut for this team for years to come as well.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
At last... 0 goaldifferential... 134 scored, 134 allowed.. gotta up that differential, it's been embarassing with negative differential

Only because the power play has been abysmal all year.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
So can we officially put this thing to bed that they shouldn't play together because of lack of speed? They looked pretty damn effective to me out there. (not saying you were the one saying this btw)

Totally. One game is typically all we need to make sound decisions.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So can we officially put this thing to bed that they shouldn't play together because of lack of speed? They looked pretty damn effective to me out there. (not saying you were the one saying this btw)
I think they look amazing anytime they have the puck on their stick in the offensive half of the rink. On the defensive side, they do look a bit slow. That line had some shifts were they struggled to get out of the d-zone. But I say let them play together as long as they are effective and the other lines don't suck.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
I was fearing this would happen. Let's hope this doesn't mean what I think it means..

edit: This doesn't make sense; IF Andersson plays instead of AA, WHY is he the 3C? Switch Andersson with Sheahan and I'm okay with the lines. Obviously want AA instead of Andersson, but Andersson as the 3C is more of a WTF-move to me.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Yah I'd hate to see aa return to GR at this point. He doesn't look out of place at all in the NHL, and his speed can really help us

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
They've been below average when they play. What makes you think they deserve more minutes?

Because they create offense on a team that struggles to score, because they have lead the team in goals scored the past two seasons. Crosby was slumping did he get less than 10 minutes of ice time because he was slumping. And because the only players better on the wings offensively are Z , Dats and Larkin.

Glendening is below average, he seems to get plenty of minutes

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I was fearing this would happen. Let's hope this doesn't mean what I think it means..

edit: This doesn't make sense; IF Andersson plays instead of AA, WHY is he the 3C? Switch Andersson with Sheahan and I'm okay with the lines. Obviously want AA instead of Andersson, but Andersson as the 3C is more of a WTF-move to me.

If AA does indeed play the 3C, these lines would be great.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Athanasiou is such an important piece to this current lineup. Even if he's not getting a lot of ice time, he still creates offense by himself. But more importantly, he allows the rest of the lines to have scoring threats as well. Larkin and Mrazek deservingly have the spotlight, but AA is going to be a beaut for this team for years to come as well.

Of all the prospects we've had come through the system recently I've always thought him to be the biggest darkhorse we have. Glad to see he's keeping up with the NHL and honestly, I think he's a guy who turns it way UP in the playoffs.

Wait is Larkin playing 2nd Center? I didnt pay attention to that last game, if so thats awesome!

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe

If AA is the 3C I really love love love these lines! :handclap:

edit: Yas!

Green was not skating today. I hope he can return this weekend.

Last edited:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Positive:
We scored 3 goals (8 last 2 games)
Despite missing kronwall and green our defence was ok. Dekeyser is our best Dman.
No goals allowed. Mrazek is awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad