Moves Kenny needs to make this season.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
With all the rumours about Howard being traded and even hearing Nyquist, Kronwall and Vanek's names all tied to potential moves this season my question is what trades do you want to see Holland make this season, and what would be your expectation for potential trade return?

Mine are:
Howard and Kronwall to Pittsburgh for a 2nd and Addison.
Nyquist and Daley to Buffalo for one of their 1st rounders and a D prospect like Pilut or Guhle.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
-Pitt would somehow have to clear a TON of cap space for that trade to happen.
-2nd trade is highway robbery IMO.

I just want to acquire as many picks as possible... it’s hard to guess value and who the buyers will be this early on.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Move Howard
Move Nyquist

Thats about it. Doubt anyone want's Kronner and its his last year anyways. I let him retire a lifelong Wing. As for other contracts I want out, its not the time to move them as NTC come into effect and it will be hard to move them anyways. We would have to add to move the contracts so theres no point right now.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
With all the rumours about Howard being traded and even hearing Nyquist, Kronwall and Vanek's names all tied to potential moves this season my question is what trades do you want to see Holland make this season, and what would be your expectation for potential trade return?

Mine are:
Howard and Kronwall to Pittsburgh for a 2nd and Addison.
Nyquist and Daley to Buffalo for one of their 1st rounders and a D prospect like Pilut or Guhle.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear Kronwall's name being discussed. I cant see Kronwall being moved, all indicators point towards him wanting to retire a Wing, and I dont see the Wings ignoring that for a late round pick.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yeah, no one wants Kronwall and they shouldn't want him.

Move Howard right now, as there are teams biting right now, at the deadline there may be little interest in giving up anything good.
Move Nyquist at the deadline or before

Those are moves that should happen and makes no sense at all not to make them. I would also like them to pursue moving Dekeyser, as he has absolutely zero impact on our team, he does a whole lot of nothing out there, it is annoying to watch him. Doesn't engage physically near our net, is a dead zone for offense, struggles to make the easy play with the puck out of our zone, Daley, Ericsson and Kronwall also suck at this. In the last game, it was embarrassing the amount of effort Dekeyser gave when the puck was near our net. Not a Jensen fan, but he has massively outplayed Dekeyser this year. This is the kind of move that can improve our team now, and unload a bad contract.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Where is the Kronwall rumor?

There would be interest there always is even in defenders on the last ride think what Chicago paid for Timonen and there are several instances. But the Wings aren't moving Kronwall unless he asks and I would be stunned if he ever did make that request.

Reactions: Winger98

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
To Seattle: Holland
To Detroit: Yzerman

But seriously, get a decent return for Nyquist and Howard at a minimum. If they can somehow also find a deal good enough to justify trading Green - or one to get anything at all for Vanek - that's a bonus.
Why does Holland has this deep connection to Seattle? Everyone seems to mention him for that job. He is Canadian what's the connection with that American city and his name?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Why does Holland has this deep connection to Seattle? Everyone seems to mention him for that job. He is Canadian what's the connection with that American city and his name?
They just assume he wants to go back near his roots and take on a new challenge.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Holland's most important moves aren't Jimmy and Nyquist. Yes, they need to be dealt for picks. But it is how he manipulates his callups and other choices after the deadline, along with their station in the lineup.

I also think it is ideal to move on from Daley at this deadline. But Hronek is already starting to force his way back up and I think Zadina will in the new year. Moving people to free up development time and the correct ice time distribution is important. As will be a sit down with Blashill that certain ice times need to happen. I know he doesn't like to do that to coaches, I get it is touchy with most GMs. But hey that is critical here and Blash needs to play ball, it will help him in the good ole boys club when he wants jobs in the future to play ball and carry out a longer term vision for Holland and the Wings while trying to develop guys and win in my opinion.

If you cannot get your coach to play ball, you either fire him or you start shipping guys out to make it clear this is what I want right now. I think we are going to hit that point in the new year. Holland has done well since he finally did shift to the rebuild in my opinion, so hopefully he carries this out correctly.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

He's from British Columbia. Seattle is next door to British Columbia. It's as close as he'll ever get to his original home outside of Vancouver.

Reactions: Winger98

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Move Howard
Move Nyquist

Thats about it. Doubt anyone want's Kronner and its his last year anyways. I let him retire a lifelong Wing. As for other contracts I want out, its not the time to move them as NTC come into effect and it will be hard to move them anyways. We would have to add to move the contracts so theres no point right now.
Let's add Green or Daley. Just one. Unless the offers are really good then move both but I doubt that'll be the case.

Kronner I agree won't have many callers.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
I could really only see Toronto (Babcock) seeing value in picking up Kronner as a veteran presence on the back end with cup experience for the playoffs (know they have Hainsey). No idea if it's even possible capwise.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
not moving Nyquist would be inexcusable

other than that not expecting much,getting something for Howard too would be nice but who knows how much of a market there will be for Goalies let alone ones that have had as many injury issues as Howard has had

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I have to admit im a big fan of Nyquist, but the potential return is just too good to ignore. I mean, we got Veleno and other picks for Tatar. What an amazing deal. Obviously it was an overpayment, i'd take just a first for Nyquist.

Reactions: Lil Bert and kliq

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Priorities: Get mid/late 1st for Nyquist, get good return for Howard by TDL or sooner & clear log jam on D for Hronek & co., sell high on LGD or keep him for now. Vanek? Helm? Green-probably moved at '20 TDL.

Heading into the TDL & '19 offseason we're looking at:

Cholo-Green
DDK-Hronek..(hopefully up by TDL)
+
Big E/Daley...one (or ideally both) should be traded this TDL

Kronner-retired

We'll need at least 1, but hopefully 2 of Sulak/Saarijarvi/Hicketts up next year.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Realistic:
Nyquist for 2 2nds.

Ideal:
Nyquist for a 1st
Howard for a 2nd
Daley or Big E for a 2nd
Glenny for a 2nd

We should clear a D spot for Hronek sooner rather than later. I would be ok trading any of DD, Daley, or Big E to do so. I'm neutral on Howie. If some offers a 1st or a 2nd +solid prospect then do it. I'm fine keeping him if the offer is like a 3rd or 4th. Kronner is a lifer and I'm ok with that. Good leadership help for Larks transition to Cap.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Where is the Kronwall rumor?

There would be interest there always is even in defenders on the last ride think what Chicago paid for Timonen and there are several instances. But the Wings aren't moving Kronwall unless he asks and I would be stunned if he ever did make that request.
There was a mention on tsn early in the season vs Toronto, maybe even a preseason game. During the play by play they said something along the lines of a deadline move to a contender being likely.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Realistic:
Nyquist for 2 2nds.

Ideal:
Nyquist for a 1st
Howard for a 2nd
Daley or Big E for a 2nd
Glenny for a 2nd

We should clear a D spot for Hronek sooner rather than later. I would be ok trading any of DD, Daley, or Big E to do so. I'm neutral on Howie. If some offers a 1st or a 2nd +solid prospect then do it. I'm fine keeping him if the offer is like a 3rd or 4th. Kronner is a lifer and I'm ok with that. Good leadership help for Larks transition to Cap.
Why would anyone give up a second round pick for Ericsson or Daley?Especially Ericsson? I would love to hear this.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I could really only see Toronto (Babcock) seeing value in picking up Kronner as a veteran presence on the back end with cup experience for the playoffs (know they have Hainsey). No idea if it's even possible capwise.
They are about to sign Nylander they have no money unless we retain salary for a better pick

Reactions: Adityase

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I would be very careful with team chemistry. Daley and green I think should stay and provide veteran leadership. I don't know if it makes sense to get 2.nd rounder for Howard,solid goalie for questionablereturn. Kroner and probably Ericsson will retire opening door for Hronek +. We .need to improve team in GR and the most important to improve in scouting

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I think it's dumb to focus on specific trades. No single person needs to go for the sake of it because a: cap space doesn't matter right now and b: nobody is blocking kids from playing.

If a potential trade is out there that's winnable, great, win the trade. Don't care who it is. If not, there's no need to ship guys off for scraps.

The only guys I don't want to see leave for selfish reasons are Larkin, AA, and Cholowski. But even then if the return is amazing I'll get over it.

Reactions: Adityase

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Move that need to happen...

Nyquist/Vanek/Howard.

Moves that should happen imo for a real rebuilding team:

Jimmy Howard, Gustav Nyquist, Thomas Vanek, Nick Jensen, Trevor Daley, Luke Glendenning, Niklas Kronwall to any team he wants if he wants to leave and a resolution to the Ericsson situation. I dont wanna move Green yet either but I'd listen and look to be blown away if I'm about moving him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad