Rumor: Move expected today, Vanek/Vrbata? (update: it's Vanek)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
As a fan, it seems the upside of making a trade is very low.

The Purcell and Hudler trades were ok....maybe below average. The Gudbranson and Kulikov trades were very good.

The Jagr and Luongo trades were good.

Thinking the Savard/Crouse trade was good, even though we could have used Crouse this year given all the injuries. Should be good long term to free up cap space.

They do need to replace Mckegg at the AHL level. Maybe get some AHL vets for Springfield ?

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
In the way Boston and Ottawa are wining now for a while I do not see the Panthers getting a spot.
The 2nd WC is the only possibility but all things are also going well for Toronto, so in my opinion I would rather see Tallon not giving the farm away, I think Nick could be in play. We need those picks.
I cant believe the run Boston is having with a new coach...that was what the Panthers were expecting when they let go GG.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If they have to acquire players in order to get the over the cap minimum then the Savard-trade is looking a double ****burger.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
If we had Carolina's coach we'd probably get in.

They play a more disciplined, structured brand of hockey.

Rowe is adequate, same as Gallant. This team needs a great coach and and upgrades at forward. Whether that upgrade comes from Jokinen, Smith, Bjugstad, and Malgin playing more impactful or they get replaced....that remains to be seen.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Yes. And we should be calling.

Long-term or bust.

Landeskog, Duchene, Teravainen, T. Johnson, and maybe Filpulla.

Only names I'm interested in.

Agreed 100%. Vanek is just a bandaid. I'd much rather go all in for someone like Duchene or Landeskog as long as the price isn't astronomical.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Gallant had this team playing great last year. Even with castoffs like Kulikov and Gudbransky on the team. If winning the division = adequate coaching I wouldn't hold my breath for an upgrade.

We also won the division with Kevin Dineen, plenty of average coach win divisions.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Weren't we considering TT a few years back?

Swear I recall Tallon being interested but the price was too high.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In the way Boston and Ottawa are wining now for a while I do not see the Panthers getting a spot.
The 2nd WC is the only possibility but all things are also going well for Toronto, so in my opinion I would rather see Tallon not giving the farm away, I think Nick could be in play. We need those picks.
I cant believe the run Boston is having with a new coach...that was what the Panthers were expecting when they let go GG.

Toronto got dominated by the sharks last night. The final score was not indicative of the action. They're just as bad as we are.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Weren't we considering TT a few years back?

Swear I recall Tallon being interested but the price was too high.

I assume we were when Chicago traded him to Carolina. Tera+Bickell for a 2nd+2rd.

Teraainen would improve our 3rd line for sure, but I'd prefer Perreault. It depends on the price really.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm gonna be irate if the Isles get Duchene, make the 8th seed obviously b/c they added a legit player, and we give away assets for a bandaid that who helps us to finish 9th.

Tallon had more gall when he was with the Hawks. He has been too conservative lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad