Most valuable Prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
thestonedkoala said:
Laugh all you want Modano, but the kid is a stud. Have you seen who has he been playing with and the team record?

I don't find him terribly impressive. Not only is he not the most valuable prospect in the league, I do not think he is the most valuable prospect on his own team.

Koivu, then Burns, are the brightest hopes for Minnesota (if we assume Burns is still a prospect).

I don't think Brent will have a flashy career, but he will be extremely important to this franchise. And Koivu has the potential to do it all. Kind of the opposite of O'Sullivan, who is one-dimensional. Even worse, O'Sullivan's greatest tool, his offense, isn't even of the "wow, this is scary" kind. I don't think Minny is as excited as you are. I think you're falling in the "Hudler trap" there.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
I don't find him terribly impressive. Not only is he not the most valuable prospect in the league, I do not think he is the most valuable prospect on his own team.

Koivu, then Burns, are the brightest hopes for Minnesota (if we assume Burns is still a prospect).

I don't think Brent will have a flashy career, but he will be extremely important to this franchise. And Koivu has the potential to do it all. Kind of the opposite of O'Sullivan, who is one-dimensional. Even worse, O'Sullivan's greatest tool, his offense, isn't even of the "wow, this is scary" kind. I don't think Minny is as excited as you are. I think you're falling in the "Hudler trap" there.

I actually disagree with you on this one Vlad.

IMO O Sullivan is the real deal. I Live close to Mississauga so i get a chance to see O Sullivan a decent amount and IMO he is definitely the best offensive player in the OHL. Corey Locke has great talent, but his speed is a serious issue. And I'm still not Corey Perry's biggest fan, I think he's going to have trouble with the physical aspects of the Professional game.

O Sullivan makes something happen everytime he's on the ice. His ability to create offense is among the best of any prospect today. His defensive game has improved too. He's no two way stalwart, but he makes some effort to backcheck.

I think O Sullivan is a real keeper and I'd take him over Koivu or Burns as a prospect (although I do really like Burns)

Sticky*

It seems like most are missing the point of this thread. It is not a "hype your team's prospects thread", or a "who is the best prospect in the world" thread. Read the original post. The poster wants to know who is the most valuable prospect to their team.

I picked Staal, because, basically Carolina has pegged him as their future. And with Francis nearing the end, and O'Neill all but gone at the deadline, in addition to their prospects cupboard being rather bare, Staal looks like he is going to have to carry the franchise on his shoulders over the next couple of seasons. He will be their future captain.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
rnyquist said:
While the kid may be a good defencemen for the Flames, he's NO WHERE near the value of Iginla. WHile not a prospect, he's the future to Calgary, and Phaneuf will never have the impact on the club Iginla has.

And if you read the question for this topic it is "Most valuable PROSPECT" and he is the Flames most valuable PROSPECT right now.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Brock said:
I actually disagree with you on this one Vlad.

It happens :D

I should point out I am pretty high on Mikko Koivu. Even then, taking O'Sullivan for what he is, I don't see what you see. But since I know better than to discard your opinion, I am going to keep an open mind and continue to keep my eye on Patrick.

I see a servicable 2nd line scorer future for him but could of course be wrong.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
It happens :D

I should point out I am pretty high on Mikko Koivu. Even then, taking O'Sullivan for what he is, I don't see what you see. But since I know better than to discard your opinion, I am going to keep an open mind and continue to keep my eye on Patrick.

I see a servicable 2nd line scorer future for him but could of course be wrong.

Well to be honest, I'm not a fan of Mikko Koivu's :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad