Most Valuable Oiler #1

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
Well I'm one of the minority that picked RNH over Hall.

Here's why:

RNH is a potential #1 center and given that you need centres to win stanely cups, I'm picking RNH based on his position and his potential.

I feel like his ceiling is much higher than Hall's.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Well I'm one of the minority that picked RNH over Hall.

Here's why:

RNH is a potential #1 center and given that you need centres to win stanely cups, I'm picking RNH based on his position and his potential.

I feel like his ceiling is much higher than Hall's.

I also voted Nuge. I just think his hockey IQ is far ahead of Hall. The current (perceived) gap between him and Hall has a lot to do with Hall's physical maturity. This off-season is the first one Nuge will be able to train without any lingering injuries/rehab issues since becoming a pro. I think we'll see a major impact from Nuge next year and poll results will change in a year's time.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I've seen what our offense is capable without Hall, and to be blunt its not ****ing much.

RNH plays the more important position, but Hall drives the offense and RNH's 2way game hasn't developed enough to make up the difference.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Most valuable is RNH . Best player right now is Hall by a country mile . A centre has more value then a winger .

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Most valuable is RNH . Best player right now is Hall by a country mile . A centre has more value then a winger .

This kind of blanket statement can never be true. By this logic, Horcoff is more valuable than Hall. You always have to take into consideration more than just positional importance. Hall is the better player. Has more value to the team and to other teams if he were to be traded.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

This would be true if RNH was close to being a top 10 center in the league, at this point he is has a long way to go before he can bring the impact to the team the way Hall can and does.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

While I agree centers are more valuable, Hall has finished as a top-10 scorer in back-to-back years while RNH has never cracked 20 goals or 60 pts.

Hall definitely has more value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad