Most Unlikeable Flyers Team?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Being mediocre or even bad doesn't make a team unlikeable. I don't think we have any unlikeable players on the team. It's not like we signed guys like Evander Kane or Tony DeAngelo.

That might change if we sign Nazem Kadri though...
What?

I can name about 8 guys that f***ing suck, 6 of whom I'd be forced to watch every night (if I watched). I hate 1 out of 3 skaters on this team every game.

I hate Thompson, MacEwan, Seeler, Fisto, (big one), Hayes, Yandle, Cannauton, and Brown. And I'll hate whatever AHL jackass Fletcher signs next to take the spot of Yandle. And I'll probably hate Tippett, because we traded the best player in the franchise's history for him.

Before anyone says "well you shouldn't hate the player, hate the GM/coach that signed/play him". Don't worry, I hate them too. I hope the bullies never see the playoffs again

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Being mediocre or even bad doesn't make a team unlikeable. I don't think we have any unlikeable players on the team. It's not like we signed guys like Evander Kane or Tony DeAngelo.

I love Kadri and would like him as a Flyer, but I don't want to pay him what he will get. It just makes us a bit better, but still doesn't really help. It just helps us move up 2 or 3 spots in the overall standings at the end of the year.

What?

I can name about 8 guys that f***ing suck, 6 of whom I'd be forced to watch every night (if I watched). I hate 1 out of 3 skaters on this team every game.

I hate Thompson, MacEwan, Seeler, Fisto, (big one), Hayes, Yandle, Cannauton, and Brown. And I'll hate whatever AHL jackass Fletcher signs next to take the spot of Yandle. And I'll probably hate Tippett, because we traded the best player in the franchise's history for him.

Before anyone says "well you shouldn't hate the player, hate the GM/coach that signed/play him". Don't worry, I hate them too. I hope the bullies never see the playoffs again
Hahaha! Man, that list of players you named is so unlikeable.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I love Kadri and would like him as a Flyer, but I don't want to pay him what he will get. It just makes us a bit better, but still doesn't really help. It just helps us move up 2 or 3 spots in the overall standings at the end of the year.

Hahaha! Man, that list of players you named is so unlikeable.
Maybe Kadri is the kind of player you hate when he's on the other team and love when he's on your team. I guess that's possible.
But you're right. He'll get overpaid and he wouldn't make a big enough difference to justify the money and cap hit. He'd only give us more depth. Unless he's a point per game player on a regular basis now, but I doubt we'd get the 87 point player he was in Colorado. He wouldn't be the first player having a career season in a contract year.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Sometimes it's less about the players you actively hate but about the players that you love, or lack thereof.

I mean, how many players excite you and are actually fun to watch right now?
That's all in the past for me. I loved to watch the Legion of Doom, Gagne, Richards & Carter, Briere, Timonen but with the current team, I don't know. Couts is a legit player and constant factor but he doesn't flash anyone. Hart every once in a while comes up with a brilliant game and then looks as miserable else anyone else on the roster. And that's about it.

Last edited:

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
I forgot about that.

I didn't like the 90-91 team because it felt like it was packed with mediocre to bad players. Players like Dale Kushner, Normand Lacombe, Martin Hostak - you knew they were never going to go anywhere. The fun players from the 85 team -Ron Sutter, Tocchet, Derrick Smith, Pelle Eklund, Murray craven - seemed to know the team was crap. Tocchet led the team with 71 points, but was 38th in league scoring. I hated Scott Mellanby and Murray Baron, but it did have Kimbi Daniels who I knew was going to score just as much in the NHL as he did in Swift Current!

However, at least that team had Mike Ricci, so you had some hope, and the team was bad enough to be in the running for good picks. You knew the team was rebuilding.

This current team has no hope for the future and is not actively rebuilding so I hate it more. I don't like the team, but I blame Fletcher rather than the players. I end up hating the players because Fletcher thinks they are good and worth the contracts he gave them. For example, if Risto made 2.5 million, I would like him. But giving him 5 million, which will eventually force out Provorov or Sanheim, makes me mad at him when I should be angry at Fletcher alone.

The difference is that the organization knew the team was crap and the organization mentality was rebuild.

Today, the organization has the mentally that they're a 2nd line winger and 4th dman away from being a first round exist (which is considered the goal of the organization)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I don’t know if in disfavoring Kadri that it would be in the same pod as Kane and DeAngelo. DeAngelo seemed well-behaved off the ice in Carolina although it’s clear he is an emotional hothead and obviously wears out his welcome in very short order. Still don’t want him thought for the afore reasons.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
The Sharks were also competitive for a good decade ( in part thanks to our current GM gifting SJ one of the most talented defensemen of the era in one of the most lopsided trades of the era). The Flyers...

Who knows if it continues under new management but at least the Sharks have prioritized the draft the last two years and look to have some building blocks. If everything holds by the weekend, they will have made 27 picks in the last 3 drafts. Flyers - 17 and one's rights were already relinquished.
And they have a solid history of actually turn raw talent into productive and useful NHLer's. The Flyers not so much, so until they start making fundamental changes in player development then everything else is kind of a moot point.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Maybe Kadri is the kind of player you hate when he's on the other team and love when he's on your team. I guess that's possible.
But you're right. He'll get overpaid and he wouldn't make a big enough difference to justify the money and cap hit. He'd only give us more depth. Unless he's a point per game player on a regular basis now, but I doubt we'd get the 87 point player he was in Colorado. He wouldn't be the first player having a career season in a contract year.
Well Fletcher has never had a point per game player and I imagine Torts hasn't had many in the last 10+ years. So no he wouldn't be here, and in all likelihood no player will be.

3 players in the last 13 years, Gaborik once and Panarin twice. And non of them broke 90.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Sometimes it's less about the players you actively hate but about the players that you love, or lack thereof.

I mean, how many players excite you and are actually fun to watch right now?
That's all in the past for me. I loved to watch the Legion of Doom, Gagne, Richards & Carter, Briere, Timonen but with the current team, I don't know. Couts is a legit player and constant factor but he doesn't flash anyone. Hart every once in a while comes up with a brilliant game and then looks as miserable else anyone else on the roster. And that's about it.
Strong contender for my favorite typo but I think "Thompson - Shoot him on the moon" still takes the cake

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Once Giroux was traded pretty much all that was left to cheer for was Laughton, Lindblom, and Hart to not suck in my eyes and seeing some of the young guys. I wouldn't say this is the most unlikeable team but probably the least I cared about team. Management, ownership, and coaching staff? That's a different story.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Easily the most unlikeable team I’ve ever been a fan of…in ANY sport. Only players I can say I’d truly be sad to see traded would be Couts, Sanheim and Hart. I don’t care about anyone else.

But as much as the team sucks, the management is even worse. Chuck Fletcher is easily the worst GM we’ve ever had. Never seen a team bleed so many assets/picks while being so bad. We should be doing the exact opposite of what he’s doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad