Most underperforming player (30 game mark)

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
We are roughly 30 games or just under into the season or a third of year.

So who do you think is the most underperforming player in the league this season?
Relative to expectations at the start of the year

My vote is James Neal
Every highlight package involving Calgary shows them potting goals left right and center.
So much so they are 4th in league scoring.
This is all while their prized UFA signing James Neal has 6 points (3G and 3A) and is 15th on the team in scoring while being the 4th highest paid player.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Has to be EK right?
Looks like he'll have his worst offensive output season since his first two years in the league; easily the biggest name moved this summer too. The guy was arguably the best defenceman in the NHL; and now that'd be an easy 'yeah right'.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Mhmm I’m sure all my fellow Leaf fans have watched a ton of Islanders games to come to that conclusion. :laugh:

Barzal has been outstanding when I’ve seen him. Last night, there was a shift where he must have had the puck on his stick in the offensive end for 45 seconds, repeatedly generating chances before recovering the puck himself. I think his “poor” stats can be largely explained by how the Islanders’ PP has been garbage at finishing. He has only 9 PPP in 26 games; Matthews, for example, has 8 in half as many games.

Reactions: sabremike

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
James Neal. Bobo and Werenski in Columbus. Eric Karlsson, his "average" play has now gone on for a year now. Don't know it's still his ankle injury, but few teams had the cap for him next year, and now just he might be ignored by some of those teams come next summer.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Definitely have to say Erik Karlsson for me

Neal is a disappointment as well, but Im not at all shocked by it. Aging UFA with declining numbers gets one final big money payday

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
James Neal. Bobo and Werenski in Columbus. Eric Karlsson, his "average" play has now gone on for a year now. Don't know it's still his ankle injury, but few teams had the cap for him next year, and now just he might be ignored by some of those teams come next summer.
Yeh he's got to pick it up. If he continues like he is, he'll start losing money in the summer

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Mhmm I’m sure all my fellow Leaf fans have watched a ton of Islanders games to come to that conclusion. :laugh:

Barzal has been outstanding when I’ve seen him. Last night, there was a shift where he must have had the puck on his stick in the offensive end for 45 seconds, repeatedly generating chances before recovering the puck himself. I think his “poor” stats can be largely explained by how the Islanders’ PP has been garbage at finishing. He has only 9 PPP in 26 games; Matthews, for example, has 8 in half as many games.
his 5v5 stats are what's disappointing. he was 4th in the league at 5v5 p/60 last year. now he's 169th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad