Most talent-wont make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shappa

Oct 11, 2002
flyers guy said:
Brendl was the first to come to my mind. The guy can shoot as well as anyone in the NHL, yet I doubt he'll ever be an NHLer.

Brendl won't make it because he's lazy. Got the size, just lacking additude and work ethic.

Since Blackburn's come up a couple times I'll put my 2 in about him. Even though he is 21, and has been injured for the last year +, he's still ahead of schedule as far as goalies are concerned. Even if he spent the next 2 or 3 years in the AHL, he'd be right on time arriving to the bigs.

The thing I question about him is his drive to achieve. I think that being rushed and being on a dismal Rangers team has kind of scarred him a bit, and I'm not sure if he's got the same work ethic and desire that he had in junior.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
The one thing Blackburn has that made him considered an elite talent wasn't a great glove hand or incredible reflexes -- lots of goalies have that. His major selling point was he was "the most mentally tough goaltender in the last 20 years" or some such. So of all things the last thing I'd be worried about him is focus and drive. Now those nerves in his shoulder....

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Evil Sather said:
The one thing Blackburn has that made him considered an elite talent wasn't a great glove hand or incredible reflexes -- lots of goalies have that. His major selling point was he was "the most mentally tough goaltender in the last 20 years" or some such. So of all things the last thing I'd be worried about him is focus and drive. Now those nerves in his shoulder....

:teach:

What he said. If there was one prospect who could go through the Rangers development system unscathed ;) and such an injury, its Blackburn. I still think he'll end up an amazing goaltender.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Shappa said:
The thing I question about him is his drive to achieve. I think that being rushed and being on a dismal Rangers team has kind of scarred him a bit, and I'm not sure if he's got the same work ethic and desire that he had in junior.

Maybe Josh Blackburn, but definately not Dan. He is one of the most driven prospects I've seen around. His attitude is one of the reasons he's so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad