Most talent-wont make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
Who do you consider the best offensive talent, some sort of stick-handling wizard with offensive abilities comparable to a many of NHLers but will for sure NEVER make the NHL due to size? Specifically in the CHL, USHL, or NCAA, but perhaps even the AHL.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Douggy said:
I'm not sure that Corey Locke is going to make it, although it definately won't be because of attitude.

That's the guy that came to mind first for me too, but I'm not sure I can say Locke won't make it with the certainty that this question asked for.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
From the Preds...I'd say Konstantin Glazachev. Was rated a possible first round talent in 2003...and an enormously skilled sniper..but he doesn't seem to care enough to even think about coming over to NA, unlike his fellow countryman Alexander Radulov.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Cropduster said:
Who do you consider the best offensive talent, some sort of stick-handling wizard with offensive abilities comparable to a many of NHLers but will for sure NEVER make the NHL due to size? Specifically in the CHL, USHL, or NCAA, but perhaps even the AHL.
Maybe John Lammers would fit in here? He doesn't seem to have a great attitude, although a more hardcore WHL guy would be able to tell you more.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Kirk Pedersen said:
Maybe John Lammers would fit in here? He doesn't seem to have a great attitude, although a more hardcore WHL guy would be able to tell you more.

Lammers is as soft as puppy-sh__...

He shows flashes of great skill (mainly hands) but he will need to take a trip down the yellow-brick-road to find a heart before he can even begin dreaming about making the NHL...

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
Ryan Keller from Saskatoon - size and injuries - especially injuries held him back, now as a vet in the dub he's scoring left and right - kind of like Layne Ulmer in Swift Current

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
From the Preds...I'd say Konstantin Glazachev. Was rated a possible first round talent in 2003...and an enormously skilled sniper..but he doesn't seem to care enough to even think about coming over to NA, unlike his fellow countryman Alexander Radulov.

Two other players that may never get a legitimate chance are Simon Gamache and Darren Haydar. Both are top talents, yet neither have been given legit chances with the Preds. If either were 6'0" or greater, they'd already be locks on the team. As the team looks to get bigger, they might be at a cross roads. They could go the way of a St. Louis and land a team that wants them or they might fold into oblivion.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Dan Blackburn, hes a great goalie that started out good but i think its all but over for him to become a starter in the NHL.
Also Alexei Mikhnov on the Edmonton Oilers he was drafted 17th in 00, but he still hasnt crossed the pond and hasnt really put anything special up in the RSL

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah blackburn is a question mark now...who knows if his injury is really gonna heal all the way at this point, but he has a ton of talent and it'll be a shame if it ends his career. if he heals up all the way i think he'll get back into the league and has a chance to be a starter and all...he's still real young, his biggest roadblock beyond the injury is his waivers status

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
There is one ingredient that the small player must have and that is speed-both
flat out speed and accelaration/quickness.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
pei fan said:
There is one ingredient that the small player must have and that is speed-both
flat out speed and accelaration/quickness.
agreed, no small guy makes a real impact when he is Small and slow

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
He didnt say small....he said he is injury prone.

I didn't read one of the lines but it did say size...

LOL well Koivu is average height but...I don't know

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
#2 said:
agreed, no small guy makes a real impact when he is Small and slow
Does that mean that you think Nigel Dawes won't make it? Not that he'd lose a race against Dave Andreychuck, but he's not exactly a waterbug, I'm told.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
He didnt say small....he said he is injury prone.

Then again, not all his injuries are hockey related. Appendicitis? Ankle infection? These are just bad luck, and have no correlation to Koivu's long term viablility. I'd be more worried about a guy like Ruutu, who also has been injury prone, but his injuries are directly related to how he plays the game. 2 bad knees and a bad shoulder at 21 is more cause for concern than appendicitis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad