News Article: Most Stressed Fanbases

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Again, even if you make it just about the fan base, I see this list as being really flawed. I mean I get that a lot of Canadien fans sit around talking about their championships that came before most of them were born like it just happened yesterday, but they're still more desperate to win than a lot of other fan bases given it's been 30 years now...

I agree on the Canadiens fan base, but not because they haven't won in a long time.

Haven't been to a Canadiens game in Montreal for awhile, but if it were the Bell Centre or the old Forum, Canadiens were the most stressed fans I ever saw. They really made the game seem like a life or death event. In Toronto, Maple Leaf Gardens or Air Canada Centre or Scotia Bank Arena, Leaf fans were pretty relaxed at the Games I attended.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I agree on the Canadiens fan base, but not because they haven't won in a long time.

Haven't been to a Canadiens game in Montreal for awhile, but if it were the Bell Centre or the old Forum, Canadiens were the most stressed fans I ever saw. They really made the game seem like a life or death event. In Toronto, Maple Leaf Gardens or Air Canada Centre or Scotia Bank Arena, Leaf fans were pretty relaxed at the Games I attended.

They're definitely a high strung group. I mean really, who else but them would call the police to report a crime because their player got hit? :naughty:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am long past the getting stressed about the B`s. Sure, during playoff games I may be a touch stressed and if the outcome isn`t as I wanted/expected, react irrationally or over emotional but at the end of the day, I don`t carry a Bruins loss with me like I did in my younger years where you couldn`t talk to me for hours after a loss, days in the case of a loss vs the Habs

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I am long past the getting stressed about the B`s. Sure, during playoff games I may be a touch stressed and if the outcome isn`t as I wanted/expected, react irrationally or over emotional but at the end of the day, I don`t carry a Bruins loss with me like I did in my younger years where you couldn`t talk to me for hours after a loss, days in the case of a loss vs the Habs
Amen. I'm in the same boat as you. I still love sports and want my teams to win, but I've gotten a little more perspective in my life as I've gotten older.

The last game that the B's lost that really upset me was the Game 7 loss to Philly back in 2010.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Amen. I'm in the same boat as you. I still love sports and want my teams to win, but I've gotten a little more perspective in my life as I've gotten older.

The last game that the B's lost that really upset me was the Game 7 loss to Philly back in 2010.
yeah I wasn`t super pleasant to be around. For as much as I still love the B`s, love hockey and am on here, these days I find myself more frustrated with certain things rather than stressed about things. Must simply be an age thing, different perspective.

Won`t lie though, I`ve long been a season ticket holder to Junior hockey of whatever city I live in as I will be this year for the first time in Victoria and I do find myself a touch more stressed about those games than Bruin games, likely because I`m simply more invested financially if that makes any sense? But even then, I rest well even after losses

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
E96mti6WYAMIsh9

Maple leafs and Canadiens not being top 5 makes this list invalid.

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad