Most (recent) forgettable Penguins

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I always wonder about him and how he would have done if he didn't join up at the lowest possible point for a Penguins team...under Mike Johnston. The entire team looked anemic offensively and when Sullivan took over, he wanted his WBS guys that he knew. And then he gets traded to Arizona, lol. Poor guy.

I remember watching him in the preseason; he was supposed to be a "sandpaper" type player but pretty much every single time he touched someone the ref's arm went up. On the flip side of that coin, he would get obliterated on a dirty hit or at least an obvious penalty, he'd look up at the ref while sprawled on the ice and the ref would just skate away, probably smirking.

Plotnikov would have an expression on his face of total bewilderment, like "I barely touch someone -- penalty. I get nearly murdered -- no call?" He had no way of knowing that's just how refereeing goes in 98% of Penguin games. He was one sad and confused puppy, having played hockey for several years but never seeing bias like that.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Antti Niemi. I had forgotten he was a Penguin until I ran across his name, and then remembered that he was so incredibly terrible that he was waived (and somehow claimed!) less than a month into the season.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
There’s a bunch of names between 09 and 16 that I can’t even picture in a Pens jersey. Jason Williams was a Penguin? Matt d’Agostini? Taylor Pyatt was here for almost a whole season?? Some Yugoslavian war criminal called Drazenovic got a cup of coffee? 17 games for Alexandre Picard but not even the Alexandre Picard you think you might remember? In 43 games did Kevin Porter even have a shot on goal?

Reactions: Freeptop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad