Most realistic expectations for our top prospects

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'll grant you that. If we roll back 5 more years to 2005, it's a different picture:

1. Andrei Kostitsyn, RW
2. Alex Perezhogin, RW
3. Chris Higgins, LW
4. Kyle Chipchura, C
5. Tomas Plekanec, C
6. Yann Danis, G
7. Marcel Hossa, LW
8. Corey Locke, C
9. Ron Hainsey, D
10. Oskari Korpikari, D
…
18. Alexi Yemelin, D
19. Jaroslav Halak, G

Not as many busts. Plekanec is one of the most underrated players in the NHL. Chipchura, Hainsey, and Higgins have had long NHL careers. Kostitsyn was a valuable player for a few years.

Hainsey was the one the Habs should have kept.
I regret losing Perezhogin.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
2. Mike McCarron, RW/C, - 3rd line C, 30ish points, similar to Eller, but with more physicality.
3. Jacob De La Rose, C, - Third line C/W. 30 points, good on the cycle.

I love DeLaRose for his defensive qualities, but I would be VERY surprised if McCarron does not get A LOT more points in the NHL than DLR.

Big Mac could possibly get 50-60 pts per year, and probably 40 for sure, while DLR is limited to 20-25, maybe 30 in a good year.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I love DeLaRose for his defensive qualities, but I would be VERY surprised if McCarron does not get A LOT more points in the NHL than DLR.

Big Mac could possibly get 50-60 pts per year, and probably 40 for sure, while DLR is limited to 20-25, maybe 30 in a good year.

DLR reminds me a lot of Silfverberg, if he turns out to become like him then I'd be ecstatic

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Realistically the expectations for our prospects will ultimately depend upon their work ethic's and proper development in our system, without being rushed into the lineups due to Salary Cap restrictions, IMHO.:popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad