Most over rated player on your team?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’d say Deangelo, most of the Rangers board trashes on Pionk for the smallest mistake but Deangelo is all fine and perfect
Pionk is closer to underrated than overrated by Ranger fans

I don't think either apply to this thread. The fan base is split on those two. Some think DeAngelo is great and Pionk sucks. Others think Pionk is great and DeAngelo sucks.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That's a tough question as a Pens fan. I feel like our stars are appropriately rated.

I guess maybe Riikola or Sprong? I like them but a lot of Pens fans looooove them and neither has done much yet.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
That's a tough question as a Pens fan. I feel like our stars are appropriately rated.

I guess maybe Riikola or Sprong? I like them but a lot of Pens fans looooove them and neither has done much yet.

Brassard hasn't really moved the needle for me.

But yeah, the Pens forum currently has an unhealthy Sprong obsession.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Skjei. He's like our 3rd best defenseman, and some keep acting like he's going to replace McDonagh's production.
I think Pionk has taken over with his recent "I'm going to shoot 25%" bender, but I absolutely would have said Skjei two weeks ago.

Plus, what you said before is true -- Pionk has a very vocal group against him, whereas Skjei really doesn't.

It's not that Skjei is bad, he just doesn't move the needle at all. The needle just sits in its room before dying of starvation. He just exists, and will always be exactly as good as the other four players on the ice.

And that would be much more digestible if he just played like the boring, vanilla f*** he is, but he thinks he's Brent Burns.

For me, he's one of the most annoying players in recent memory. I find Pionk alarming, but I find Skjei more annoying.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Marc-Edouard Vlasic might still be an average 2nd pairing defenseman. But I think even that is rating him too high at this point.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs don't have any massively overrated players at the moment. If Landeskog keeps up this production, he might turn into one since he's really a 55-60 point two way guy and not a PPG guy.

Barrie and Girard has the type of game that might lead them to be overrated but people around the league seems to have a fair opinion of their strengths and weaknesses.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Sam Bennett

Awesome that he's stopped taking dumb penalties and at least started affecting the game positively with big hits and whatnot, but at the end of the day he's still on pace for less than 30 points.

I'm happy with the improvement and all and I'm rooting for the guy, but lots of Flames fans act like he's been a consistent 80+ point scorer and get mad when his minutes get limited

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Pionk has taken over with his recent "I'm going to shoot 25%" bender, but I absolutely would have said Skjei two weeks ago.

Plus, what you said before is true -- Pionk has a very vocal group against him, whereas Skjei really doesn't.

It's not that Skjei is bad, he just doesn't move the needle at all. The needle just sits in its room before dying of starvation. He just exists, and will always be exactly as good as the other four players on the ice.

And that would be much more digestible if he just played like the boring, vanilla **** he is, but he thinks he's Brent Burns.

For me, he's one of the most annoying players in recent memory. I find Pionk alarming, but I find Skjei more annoying.

After he was scratched, I think he was quoted as saying he needs to be more aggressive. :facepalm:

His pinches are so bad. Nearly the whole defense is bad at it. I wonder if there’s anyone who tracks that. I think the Rangers would be last or close to it.

Reactions: Machinehead

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hard for Calgary.
Every other fan thinks we're shit, our stars are lesser stars, our defence is overrate and garbage; So hard to overrate anyone.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Avs prob Sam Girard. At least by the fan base. I vaguely remember people thinking he made Barrie expendable.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
not really a lot of names to even pick from nowadays for this as far as the Wings board goes

Glendening I guess

I also think that in general people are a bit too high on Bertuzzi,but at least he's actually a decent hockey player(and at still under 100 NHL games probably has a decent chance at getting better)

By our own fanbase? Mantha it seems. Outside of 25 games to start last year he’s looked like a second line winger. He’s good and will prob hit 20ish goals each year, but it seems like a lot of people on wings forums think he’s gonna score 40 goals one of these days.
That day may come, but he’s really not THAT young anymore. Right bow he looks like he can be a low end 1st line complimentary winger, and that’s ok, especially for his draft position. It just seems disappointing because you see the tools are there.
By outaide fanbases opinions I really can’t think of anyone. Larkin seems to be put where he belongs in terms of rankings and nobody else gets much credit. If anything I think we have a good amount of underrated players (Bertuzzi, Rasmussen on the prospect board, Nyquist)

i'd say Mantha is a bit underrated now if anything

I see posts all the time essentially calling him garbage even though he's still relatively young at 23 and just last year put up 24 goals/48 points on an awful team

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad