Most over rated player on your team?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
There is only 1 guy on the Hawks who gets any sort of praise, and that's Pat Kane. He is their best player, but an incomplete one who absolutely sucks defensively. So I guess it's him.

The others are kind of rated bad, as they should be.

EDIT: I forgot Yogikarhu. He gets love, but he is terrible without the puck. I might have to change my vote.

Last edited:

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
By our own fanbase? Mantha it seems. Outside of 25 games to start last year he’s looked like a second line winger. He’s good and will prob hit 20ish goals each year, but it seems like a lot of people on wings forums think he’s gonna score 40 goals one of these days.

That day may come, but he’s really not THAT young anymore. Right bow he looks like he can be a low end 1st line complimentary winger, and that’s ok, especially for his draft position. It just seems disappointing because you see the tools are there.

By outaide fanbases opinions I really can’t think of anyone. Larkin seems to be put where he belongs in terms of rankings and nobody else gets much credit. If anything I think we have a good amount of underrated players (Bertuzzi, Rasmussen on the prospect board, Nyquist)

Last edited:
Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Right now? Probably Cam Talbot. I think he bounces back though.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Jason Pominville in Buffalo.

One good stretch and some think he's drank from the fountain of youth. "Can we sign him after the season?" C'mon playah....

He had a good start last year also, then tailed of.

Love to have him make this post shame worthy on here.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hard to say because our team is not so good

Horvat Boeser and Pettersson are money
Baertchi is ok
Edler Tanev and Hutton are money
Sutter and Virtanen are coming around

I think everyone now knows Gudbranson Eriksson and Pouliot are poop

I guess Goldobin is overrated. Pettersson gifts him multiple grade A chances a game and he finishes like 5% of them which still gets him some pts which may make him look better than he is

Reactions: EP40

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No one gets overrated on the Stars boards too much nowadays. We know just about everyone sucks outside of a few

By other teams though? Jamie Benn.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
For overrated on the Leafs side for me, how could it not be Matthews, just for the fact that he's at the center of of the hockey media hub. Its just going to happen.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
By Flames fans probably Matthew Tkachuk. Some fans think he is better than Gaudreau because of a 20 game stretch.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
For overrated on the Leafs side for me, how could it not be Matthews, just for the fact that he's at the center of of the hockey media hub. Its just going to happen.

Maybe. He's also the best player on a team that's 19-12-2 without him the past two seasons. The Leafs don't really have the sort of fan favourite (Clark, Linden, Graves, etc) that gets overrated, so it's most likely a star. I always thought Tavares received a disproportionate amount of acclaim relative to his accomplishments, but he's exceeded my expectations so far. I don't think Nylander is as good as he seems to think he is, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad