Most OHL drafted players from same youth club in the same year

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I was thinking about this after reading over the 2019 OHL top 220 draft prospects list, which has 12-13 players from the Don Mills Flyers 2003 team projected to be drafted into the OHL this year. I've read that the 2012 OHL draft had 14 players drafted from the Toronto Marlboros 1996 team. I'm curious though does anyone know the record for most players drafted into the OHL from the same minor midget team in the same season???

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The infamous Quinte Hawks team coached by David Frost that bore Sheldon Keefe and others had 12 or 13 drafted.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Last years Marlies team had 13 of their 16 players on the team drafted, with 5 going in the first round.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Thanks for the Input. I read that the 1996 Toronto Marlboros had a record of like 78-3 or something crazy. The Don Mills 2003 team this year must be amazing too. There like 65-1

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Last year's Marlies team was the most talented minor hockey team i've ever seen. Don Mills is a better team though, I think.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
However how many players in last yrs Marlies team that drafted in the first 2 rounds are contributing at the expected potential? I could only think of 2 players - Cuylie and Drysdale. Moore has been often injured and now out for the years ... The '93 YSE and '93 Marlies had lots of talent that got drafted and played in the OHL. Same with '96 Marlies and '96 DMF team
‘96 marlies lost in the finals that year to dm correct? That marlies team was loaded with talent

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
However how many players in last yrs Marlies team that drafted in the first 2 rounds are contributing at the expected potential? I could only think of 2 players - Cuylie and Drysdale. Moore has been often injured and now out for the years ... The '93 YSE and '93 Marlies had lots of talent that got drafted and played in the OHL. Same with '96 Marlies and '96 DMF team

Reid Valade has 8 points in his last 12 games after a slow start. has hit every post and crossbar imaginable

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
It would be interesting to see what MM club holds the most OHL drafted players.

However keep in mind that this type of stat would be almost near impossible to track due to the simple fact of all the MM clubs at one point or another have had good success at getting players drafted.

I think the question your asking should be who's had the most consistent success on draft day in the lower levels.

In this case it would probably be Toronto Marlboros MM as they've had some of the most consistent drafted players over the past X number of years and with some very successful OHLers all-time.

However someone would have to go back through every priority selection results and tally up every MM club and there players across every draft year.

Which would be a good idea just to see who holds the most players. But good luck trying to get someone to spend all their free time researching every draft year and charting the numbers cause each priority selection has 300 or so picks every year X times how many drafts years there's been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad