Most likely to least likely team to reach the finals in the Western Conference? Rank them

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Tier 1... AVS, knights and stars
Tier 2 ... Jets, Oiler, Nucks
Tier 3 ... Preds and LA

Having said that . If Preds or LA won the cup, I wouldn't.be surprised.

AVS have georgiev
Knights have to build chemistry fast and seem to often have an injured goalie or 3
Jets have no real weakness
Nucks have no real weakness (Demko needs to be what his fanbase thinks he is)
Stars have no real weakness.
Oilers have the D issues
Preds have no glaring weakness
LA may have goalie issues

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I see Vegas as a pretty easy out for Dallas if they play in round 1.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Dallas is the clear favorite
Avs- still a formidable team, despite a rough weekend
Vegas- not underestimating the Cup champs
Edmonton- 2 of the best in the world but now have to break through in a big way
Winnipeg- deep from top to bottom, but no elite forwards or D
Vancouver- real wildcard since they're so unproven...could go deep or fizzle in the 1st round
LA- good team, but goaltending is iffy and scoring could be a problem
Nashville- only cause they were a surprise in the 2nd half...maybe another cinderalla run

Josh Morrissey is a 70 point defenseman who doesn't play with a couple 100+ point forwards to inflate his stats. More importantly, he is actually elite at both offense and defense. It would be hard to find a more complete defenseman in the conference. Carry on....

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I love how everyone is bearish on Vancouver, to be honest they have every reason to be a team just happy to be there, but Hughes and Tocchet seem to be able to get the team performing very well as underdogs.

I team that will exceed expectations will be L.A., if they have Talbot in a groove, they will be an extremely hard out with Kopitar/Dubois/Danault down the middle and a solid D core.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Josh Morrissey is a 70 point defenseman who doesn't play with a couple 100+ point forwards to inflate his stats. More importantly, he is actually elite at both offense and defense. It would be hard to find a more complete defenseman in the conference. Carry on....
He only plays with a Vezina winner to inflate his stats…solid argument

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think it's pretty funny how last year people commonly ranked Vegas around 4-6 while I felt that was their year. While this year I feel like they're going to bomb and there's a lot of people that have them top 3. Not to say I think I'm right (and some genius) and they're wrong necessarily. Just amusing to see the shift.

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
He only plays with a Vezina winner to inflate his stats…solid argument
Excellent point, well argued. :shakehead

I think it's pretty funny how last year people commonly ranked Vegas around 4-6 while I felt that was their year. While this year I feel like they're going to bomb and there's a lot of people that have them top 3. Not to say I think I'm right (and some genius) and they're wrong
It’s impossible to handicap the Hertl + Stone version of the 2024 playoff Knights, so everyone is just putting them in the top 3. Which is reasonable.

Dallas is the real deal and they could easily lose. That series should go at least 6 games. In fact, any team in the west could lose in round 1 and it wouldn’t be a real “upset”. The biggest surprise would be a sweep.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Beyond Dallas I have no idea. I like Colorado but Avs/Jets is a coinflip tbh. Same with Oilers/Kings or Oilers/Knights. Don't really believe in the Canucks at all.

Dallas is the only team in the west where losing in R1 would be a surprise to me, but even then there's a chance that they could draw a magically healthy Vegas squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad