Most Important Goal In Blue Jackets History

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
you have to get there first...

series winning goal...sure...just to win a game...not as important to me...

I know what you mean, it's tough to say. If we'd made any noise at all that playoffs, or if that season were a season that really got something started for this franchise, I'd probably be there with ya. But it was a goal that tied a game, and most teams make the playoffs.

The goal to win the game was on the road and in overtime, a walk-off upset win. Just feels more momentous to me.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
not sure how clinching to make the playoffs for the first time isn't the leader here...

I think it's where it belongs (2nd or 3rd), but Calvert's goal was more important. Getting into the playoffs is big, but winning in the playoffs is bigger.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I know what you mean, it's tough to say. If we'd made any noise at all that playoffs, or if that season were a season that really got something started for this franchise, I'd probably be there with ya. But it was a goal that tied a game, and most teams make the playoffs.

The goal to win the game was on the road and in overtime, a walk-off upset win. Just feels more momentous to me.

You're right on here.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
For me it's Calvert in Pittsburgh. It did something Nash's didn't, it won a playoff game. That was the first time we'd ever had a moment like that. I thought Nash's goal meant something and that one made it feel small time.

My favorite goal in franchise history is a tie between Dubinsky and Foligno because both were a special kind of madness. Best sporting event I've ever been to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad