Most Important Goal In Blue Jackets History

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So far, or all time? For the latter, I'd say it hasn't been scored yet. For the former... I can't really decide, altho I'm partial to the Foligno OT GWG.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Wait a few weeks and my answer will probably change. It's very close for me between three choices: Adams' first GWG, Nash's playoff clincher and Calvert's playoff winner. Today, my answer is Nash.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
After an first thought of there hasn't been one , I'll go with Nash's goal to get us into the playoffs.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dubi's GTG should be on the list

Voted Calvert but it was a toss up between that and Foligno's with Nash's clincher not too far behind

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This is a really tough one!

The first goal in club history is very important. But I'm torn between these three:

Rick Nash - Playoff Clinching Goal
Calvert's goal in Pittsburgh - First Playoff Win
Foligno's goal in Columbus - First Playoff Win at home

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
Right now I think it's Calvert's GWG. Prior to that I think it was Nash's playoff clinch. But the goal that has the most potential is Foligno's. It is the one that really raised him up a notch. If, years from now, He ends up in the Hall of Fame then that will be the most important to him and only behind the Stanley Cup winning goals.

ernmorris

Jun 9, 2008
This is a really tough one!

The first goal in club history is very important. But I'm torn between these three:

Rick Nash - Playoff Clinching Goal
Calvert's goal in Pittsburgh - First Playoff Win
Foligno's goal in Columbus - First Playoff Win at home

These, for me, have to be the top 3. The main reason we care and watch this game so much centers around the playoffs, either getting in or winning.

While I think the goal that got us in that first time was important, I'm leaning more towards the first playoff win and Calverts goal in double OT in game 2 of the series with the Pens.

I can't wait for it to be replaced this coming season with Boone's series clincher in SC Finals to raise the cup! :)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Had to go with Nash's playoff clincher as the most important.

As for the most exciting/entertaining it would probably be Calvert or Foligno.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Calvert's game-winner in Pittsburgh. Buddy convinced me around lunch time that day to drive over to Pittsburgh and go to the game. Got a couple tickets about twenty rows from the ice on the blueline and it happened to be on the end where Matty scored. Unreal night.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
A lot of the goals on the list, while important, are also goals that were bound to happen. I guess that's true of all of the goals on the list but many of the milestone goals were bound to happen in the first season. Nash's is different, and would carry more weight with me if we hadn't gotten swept in our first trip to the playoffs.

So I have to go with Matty's. What an amazing feeling! So was the feeling after both Dubi's and Nick's, but Matty's just launched my spirits and sense of confidence in that team and changed that series in a lot of ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad