Most dissapointing season?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think 05-06 was the biggest disappointment. How can you not be disappointed to steal away the Cup from deserving franchises by blinding a guy on one team, crippling another team's whole defense, and killing another team's goalie. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think 05-06 was the biggest disappointment. How can you not be disappointed to steal away the Cup from deserving franchises by blinding a guy on one team, crippling another team's whole defense, and killing another team's goalie. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.

You know what, you make a good point here. So many deserving fan bases deserved the cup that year but our dumbass meth-head fans had to win it.

Lets not forget 01-02 as well, the hockey world was deserving of a Montreal-Toronto ECF but our team had to **** that up too.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
2012. NC State had just gone to the sweet 16 and narrowly lost to the eventually runner up (who beat the snot out of their next opponent) and were having 4 of 5 come back, with that 5th being one of 3 McDonalds all Americans. They had a top offense that year.

And they lost to Temple in the round of 64.

Then wood and Howell graduated, and brown and Leslie left early (big mistake for Leslie).

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
I still remember the shock and disappointment I felt after leaving RBC, knowing that when I got into the car, Mike Maniscalco broke the news of the Capitals winning their game and getting into the playoffs on the final day of the season. It was truly an awful feeling.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
10-11 didn't affect me as much because I came into the arena expecting a loss. I came into the final game of the 07-08 season expecting a win. At the time, I felt it was as close to a given as possible. Even when the Canes fell behind, I wasn't worried, because they had come back against that same team (from multiple goals, no less) at least two other times that season.

It wasn't until the shorthanded goal, where Matt Cullen completely ****ed up at the point, that I realized they had a very real chance of losing that game.

07-08 and it's not even close for me. The team played great down the stretch, it wasn't that far removed from the Cup and I had no doubts they'd win that game. Never felt worse walking out of the arena (even felt worse than I felt after Pisani's OT goal in game 5). I also felt if they made the playoffs, they could do some damage because of how well they played down the stretch, with a number of injuries. I had no confidence they'd win in 10/11..and I felt they wouldn't go far even if they made it.

Disappointment is a mis-match between reality and expectations. Because of my expectations, my disappointment was much worse in 07/08

Alright, I'm flipped over to '06-'07. I, too, had already become a cynic in '10-'11, I was more crushed by that FLA loss.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I have to pick one?

wrwOcEM.gif

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Weren't they coming off recent beatdowns of the Red Wings in both 11 and 08? I will never forget Anderson and his superhuman game in 08. I collapsed to my knees and made a fool of myself like John Lithgow on 3rd Rock

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Thanks a lot for the information everyone. Sorry for bringing back all of these bad memories :cry:

I'm a Tampa Bay writer, so I'm glad I didn't have to write about Tampa knocking you guys out of the playoffs... that would have been rude after all this help you gave me haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad