Speculation: Most disappointing 2020 draft result?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
There is obviously a ton of discussion surrounding the 3rd and 5th overall picks, mostly regarding who we would want at either draft soot with most people generally satisfied with any combination of Byfield/Stutzle and then one of the other top ranked players at 5. However;

What realistic result in your opinion would lead to complete disappointment for you on draft night? List the combination of players that Dorion would potentially select at 3 and 5 that would leave you absolutely feeling disappointed:

For me, I would be disappointed with a Drysdale/Perfetti combo.

Feel free to list more than one combo.

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
There is obviously a ton of discussion surrounding the 3rd and 5th overall picks, mostly regarding who we would want at either draft soot with most people generally satisfied with any combination of Byfield/Stutzle and then one of the other top ranked players at 5. However;

What realistic result in your opinion would lead to complete disappointment for you on draft night? List the combination of players that Dorion would potentially select at 3 and 5 that would leave you absolutely feeling disappointed:

For me, I would be disappointed with a Drysdale/Perfetti combo.

Feel free to list more than one combo.

It is good to have high draft picks but 3 and 5 are scary for the hit/miss factor. It’s no secret who they want at 3 it’s basically up to LA who the sens get so five is the only real debate.
I hope it’s not Drysdale

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I won’t be annoyed at Stutzle or Byfield. So let’s say realistic offers for 5. Id pick like this:
Want: Raymond
Happy with: Drysdale, Rossi
Iffy about but wouldn’t be annoyed: Sanderson, Perfetti
Unhappy: Quinn, no doubt he will be a stud but better options imo

Reactions: Xspyrit and Altimus

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Most disappointed with from options I’d be fine with:
3. Byfield (rather Stutzle, extremely happy with Byfield)
5. Rossi

Most disappointed from options I don’t see as realistic:
3. Anyone aside from Byfield or Stutzle
5.Quinn

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Oddly enough, after thinking about my selection in the original post, I realized that a haul of Drysdale/Perfetti would be disappointing short term but if both hit their potential it would easily make it a successful draft.

My biggest disappointment I suppose, would be drafting Askarov at #5, as I do not think a goalie is necessary right now regardless how good. Slightly less disappointed would be Quinn or Sanderson for me.

I really want one of Raymond or Rossi at this point (or Perfetti IF we select Byfield or Stutzle.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Pierre's conference today tells us everyone knows what we are doing at 3, so it's either Byfield or Stutzle it seems
While I do believe we are taking whichever one LA doesn't, it's not impossible that PD is posturing. Maybe Detroit desperately wants one or the other and Ottawa is actually after, say, Drysdale. Obviously you imply you're taking one so that you gain leverage.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe he thinks that there is a chance Lafreniere drops to #3 :banana:
nah-not-even-try-portrait-260nw-1223985475.jpg

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’d be disappointed with anyone but Perfetti, Raymond or Quinn at 5.

I could eventually come to terms with Sanderson, Rossi, Holtz or Drysdale.

I’d be angry with Askarov or Lundell

Reactions: bert

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Be disappointed if picks 3 & 5 aren’t about offence and PP. They need PP players and this is a chance to get 2 elite starters and build a top NHL PP with Chabot, Tkachuk, Brannstrom.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
I think i'd be disappointed with picks that're really off the board (Lundell/Quin) wouldn't mind Askarov to a degree though.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
This is fun. It reminds me of that SNL skit with John Lovitz and Dana Carvey where they’d ask each other if they’d experienced various masochistic acts.

Assuming the only latitude is at 5, Drysdale or Perfetti. Or Quinn, since a few think that’s a possibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad